Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 16, 2006, 10:26 AM   #11

Where do you get the gunstock mount? That thing looks cool!
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 12:50 PM   #12

I started another thread today on the remote I bought. Mind you it can trigger the shutter 80 ft away (tested out to be right). But you have to be in front not behind the camera though. So pros and cons.

Daniel

tvguy wrote:
Quote:
I want to get a Cable release switch for my K100D. However, the pentax one doesn't seem to be available anywhere. No one seems to have them in stock, at least not the local camera shops or the online retailers that I trust. No one can even seem to tell me when they will be getting more.

I don't suppose any of you wonderful pentaxians no of any other switch that may work with the K100D, or know where I might find instructions to build my own?

Thank you :-)
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 1:51 PM   #13

Spiritbro77 wrote:
Quote:
Where do you get the gunstock mount? That thing looks cool!
I got it at a garage sale many years ago, so I don't know what brand it is.

It was an interesting experience flying to San Francisco with it in my carry on camera back pack. I would have put it in my checked bag, but I thought for sure then they would open the bag to go through it, without me there to explain what it was.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:09 PM   #14

So yesterday I went to radioshack, bought some parts, and built my own shutter control. As you can see in the picture it has a shutter button, autofocus/exposure button, and a rocker switch for long exposures. I tested it and it works great. Thank you everyone for all your help and suggestions.
Attached Images

tvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 5:34 PM   #15

Nice looking switch
SelrahCharleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 9:17 PM   #16

nice work!
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 10:10 PM   #17

Buy the Canon RS60-E3. It is widely available and only half the price of the Pentax one. It is fully compatible with the K100D as the Pentax "CS-205" is actually a clone of the Canon.

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh

tvguy wrote:
Quote:
I want to get a Cable release switch for my K100D. However, the pentax one doesn't seem to be available anywhere. No one seems to have them in stock, at least not the local camera shops or the online retailers that I trust. No one can even seem to tell me when they will be getting more.

I don't suppose any of you wonderful pentaxians no of any other switch that may work with the K100D, or know where I might find instructions to build my own?

Thank you :-)
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 11:37 PM   #18

I'm glad this came up - I have had this idea of using the monopod to put the camera in places otherwise difficult or impossible to shoot from, originally planning on using the two-second delay, but couldn't figure a way to make it meter after the two seconds instead of before, and I wasn't relishing the thought of plunking down the money for a wireless remote.

So under $6 in parts and a little soldering later, I believe that I am the only person in the world with a remote cable release that looks like this. :lol: I didn't realize when I was putting it together that I have an extra switch that'd work perfect for bulb mode, I may add that later.

Damfino is offline   Reply With Quote