Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 15, 2006, 7:07 PM   #1

Since my local national forest is still closed, we took a drive over to the next one (which is still open). I wanted to get pictures of a local lake, but it had disappeared. So I had to find some other topic. This board has changed my way of thinking about things - when I saw the fog the first thing I thought about Rick's pictures. I haven't done as well (different terrain) but thought this one was interesting. Taken with the DA 50-200 lens.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2006, 7:11 PM   #2

We were up on a dirt road in the Angeles National Forest, so things aren't quite like they are in the city. Thought "Jaws" was an appropriate name for this photo (it's actually part of a van).
Attached Images

Old Oct 15, 2006, 7:11 PM   #3

Really nice shot! I think our fog is done for theyear here in Minnesota
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 7:16 PM   #4

One more - when we got up to the top of the mountain we found some oaks that were just changing. This is the closest it looks like we'll get to autumn color (sigh!).
Attached Images

Old Oct 15, 2006, 7:46 PM   #5

Hey Mtngal,

I like that first one. It suggests the change of elevation that is so absent here in FL yet is still somewhat mysterious. That looks like it would have been a good place to just set up and capture the fog as it changed. Nice shot.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:26 AM   #6

Really like that first one. Is it fog or spray from a waterfall?? LOL

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 2:11 PM   #7

I wish it were spray from a waterfall - then I might have been able to see Pyramid Lake (a water reservoir), what I had set out to photograph.

The spot is very rugged terrain - a fun spot to photograph in the spring if there's a decent wildflower display. It's normally a little-used section of the Angeles NF. However, this past weekend was deer hunting opening weekend and the forest around us is still closed. I think everyone who had tags for our area was over there - I've never seen so much traffic.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 4:01 PM   #8

Lovely pictures and an interesting terrain. The highest mountain somewhat nearby my place is 150 m/500 ft high. Impressing?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 6:23 PM   #9

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Lovely pictures and an interesting terrain. The highest mountain somewhat nearby my place is 150 m/500 ft high. Impressing?

Kjell
Well everything is relative Kjell. The highest point in penisular Florida is 298 feet above sea level and someone had the audacity to call it "Iron Mountain." They do have a neat tower and botanical garden there though, maybe I should run up with the camera some weekend soon.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:39 PM   #10

LOL! Yes, it is all relative. They call one area near here the "Gorman Hills" because they look like hills from the freeway. However, hills are normally 2,000 feet or below elevation-wise (as I recall from a science class taken well over 30 years ago), and these "hills" are probably over 5,000 feet elevation (freeway is around 4,000 feet elevation).