Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:33 PM   #11
TDN

I bumped into this place looking for a split focus screen for my DL...and kept sticking here.

The focus screen? Still haven't gotten to that

I love how much you can learn from all of you on here. Most of you are about twice my age and have years of experience with photography.

Also great advice on how to support my chronic LBA

TDN
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 1:03 PM   #12

TDN schreef:
Quote:
I bumped into this place looking for a split focus screen for my DL...and kept sticking here.

But the one for the DL is here right now!

http://www.katzeyeoptics.com/item--K...rod_istDL.html

Richard.

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 1:33 PM   #13

Came here after reading Steve's reviews. First on the Kodak Z740, which my g/f bought for me (and is now hers!) and then the DL, which I bought. The reviews of the different cameras are excellent, and informative.

This forum is so different from the others I have looked at. Everyone who posts does so because they enjoy their hobby, and wish to share with others round the world.

Look at the posts on macros, and most especially the post on using a flash correctly.

I love this forum and check it 2-3 times a day, everyday, unless I am away on holiday.

Lost track of the amount of information I have learnt here, and my photos prove that some of it has stuck.

Thanks to you all

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 2:21 PM   #14
TDN

Ritro wrote:
Quote:
TDN schreef:
Quote:

But the one for the DL is here right now!

http://www.katzeyeoptics.com/item--K...rod_istDL.html

Richard.

I know, but I've spent so much on lenses already, I have no more money to buy the Katz
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 2:38 PM   #15

to get my blood pressure higher after reading some posts by... no, I won't mention any names :blah:.

but really becuse of really good advice from people around. and to feel better about my (still not very developed) LBA.

greg
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 2:56 PM   #16

Much like Dal1970,I found this site while researching my next digicam andreading the reviews. This forum has been both a blessing and a curse. While it has been a wealth of useful knowledge, it was also responsible for pushing me "over the fence" with the whole DSLR issue. Instead of being happy with another point & shoot, I am now the proud owner of a K100D. I love my new camera, but now I have this huge list of items I now want/need for it. :?

My wife is soon going to tell me that I can't play with you guys anymore!
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 3:39 PM   #17

LOL! Guess I'm about like everyone else here. I came here looking for information about the DS because I was unhappy with the FZ30 and have stayed because I'm getting a PhD in photography from all of you. I try to help others with what I've learned from everyone else here because you all were so generous to me when I turned up asking how in the world my old manual lenses could possibly work on a digital camera.

I'd also like to add my thanks for everyone's help here -for everyone who posts pictures so I can see through someone else's eyes, for those who say "help" and ask questions I haven't eventhought aboutyet, for those who give me a higher bar to reach for. What's available here is an education that is priceless.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 4:51 PM   #18

It is a great place to visit during the day and even though we disagree sometimes it seems to remain a very pleasant relaxing place.

It is also a never ending source of ideas for all sorts of photographic techniques and endless help when you have a issue pertaining to Pentax photography.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 5:38 PM   #19

Cannot agree with you more. Should we all respond only to post that contribute to the well being (better photography) of this forum?

Daniel

Toronto

bobinoz wrote:
Quote:
Can we keep it that way please!
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 6:22 PM   #20

I agree with all of you. I started off at Steve's in the Kodak forum, and have moved on to the Pentax forum, now that I have a K100D. I have always foundvery useful information here and really enjoy looking at other peoples photos. It has made me a better photographer (maybe not a better speller). I also enjoy seeing other folks comments on my pictures and how I might make them better.

I saw a post from TDN on a monthly "Challange" and I think it's a great way to get everyone back to taking photos. I'm also, personally, going to try a "Photo a Day" starting January 1, 2007 as a way to challenge myself to become a better photographer.
steve
syoggy is offline   Reply With Quote