Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 17, 2006, 9:56 AM   #1

For me it's the friendly, supportive, tolerant people from a diverse mix of countries/backgrounds willing to share their photography experience and enjoy a common hobby.

Can we keep it that way please!
bobinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2006, 10:20 AM   #2

i wish as what you wish, however, let keep it as a dream or you will be too sad.
precsmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 10:32 AM   #3

bobinoz wrote:
Quote:
For me it's the friendly, supportive, tolerant people from a diverse mix of countries/backgrounds willing to share their photography experience and enjoy a common hobby.

Can we keep it that way please!

It is still a friendly place, some people just find that they have a breaking point. You can count on one hand the members that usually cause strife.

Lets get back to talking about pictures and real life problems rather than theories and nit-picky details.

Ira

I am guilty of posting to threads that, however well meaning, have a negative tone that is inappropriate to a civil forum. I realize that everyone is entitled to an opinion and in future my response to these threads shall be simple, no reponse at all. If we are supportive of each other, and ignore the obvious attempts to cause controversy this forum will function much as it did in the past, and not become the flame fests that some other forums have.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 10:42 AM   #4

Eh hem, yup; I agree with the first post. :G
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:10 AM   #5

I am in Total Agreement With what Ira Said. I Find this about the best Forum and thats why i stay Here.
As I said in My earlier post. I try not To feed the Trolls.

Now (Monty Python) threads thats Different. LOL

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:14 AM   #6

For me, it is I feel welcome here. This is the only photography forum I post in on a regular basis. There always seems to be someone to answer a question, even though it may have been asked before. The other popular forums makes you feel bad for asking, usually the common answer for a newby is did you try the seach engine first? Talk about a way to make a new guy feel welcome.

The other thing I like,is people like to post pictures on this forum and that is what it is all about. I think you will find a higher percentage of posts on this forum contain pictures, then on the other popular forums. Anyway, I just feel welcome here - Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:17 AM   #7

I agree with Monza and Bobinoz. I am going to purchase a K10D shortly after it's release. I've owned a K1000 since the late 70's and like the fact that I can use those old lenses of mine in the new Digital world. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but not every opinion requires a response. Intolerance is what is fueling the flames of war these days and there doesn't have to be such strife here. Indulge the wrongheaded as they will eventually find how wrong they are with out my Help! If not then they can join the multitudes of the delusional that roam these photo forums these days. I do not have to join them in the delusion, that I am right and everyone else must believe the way I believe!

Tolerance and a gentile and humble mind will win out in the end even when winning is not the goal!

Nuff sed
Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:19 AM   #8

To share ideas, pick up tips, learn from others and pass on what limited knowledge I have in the hope that it will help some one.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:26 PM   #9

I totally agree with you guys: a lot to learn from exchanging ideas, pictures and what not.

As for the trouble threads, it is better to stay away from them. Nothing intelligent can come out of it. I wish folks would use the time and energy for something useful.

DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:28 PM   #10

To learn and share what I've learned.

Larry in Dallas
Heathglen is offline   Reply With Quote