Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 18, 2006, 2:56 PM   #1

hi was just wondering in the lead up to the realease of the much awaited K10D i see most pics of it with a battery grip, will most of you buy a grip or will you not see it as a essential piece of kit like me.?

it appears that we do not currently have
stock of the Pentax k10d and there is not date for delivery as yet,
however our listing price for this item is £849.
(Jessops)

Red Royalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2006, 6:09 PM   #2

If (when) I get a K10D, I'll probably have to go for the battery grip. I'm used to it on my D and, unless the size prohibitted it,would miss it.

Larry in Dallas
Heathglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 6:42 PM   #3

I'm not planning on getting the K10D - the K100D is as heavy as I feel comfortable with at the moment.

However, someone I know at work brought over a N*k*n full frame camera (he's a part-time professional). Awesome camera, but VERY heavy - the first time I've ever handled a camera that that big and heavy. And now I understand why someone would want to have the grip for regular shooting - I wouldn't have been able to use the camera/hold it steady otherwise. If I were to get the K10D, I'd want the grip.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 6:47 PM   #4

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I'm not planning on getting the K10D - the K100D is as heavy as I feel comfortable with at the moment.

However, someone I know at work brought over a N*k*n full frame camera (he's a part-time professional). Awesome camera, but VERY heavy - the first time I've ever handled a camera that that big and heavy. And now I understand why someone would want to have the grip for regular shooting - I wouldn't have been able to use the camera/hold it steady otherwise. If I were to get the K10D, I'd want the grip.
mtngal Nikon doesn't make any full frame (I assume you mean 35mm size) sensor cameras, but their pro models are big and heavy.

I would like the grip for the vertical shutter release, would make portrait photography more comfortable.

Ira

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 7:20 PM   #5

He said it was full frame,and I wondered about that - I was too overwhelmed by the size and weight (it had a 70-300 VR lens - really sharp lens), along with all the buttons and dials on it to see what model it was.Made me glad that I have the K100D.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 8:06 PM   #6

I think it will be big enough for me without the battery grip. With approx 500 shots on one charge the single battery should be fine for a day or three of shooting. I think I'll save my money, unless it looks really cool in person.[img]/forums/images/emoticons/nuts.gif[/img]
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 8:52 PM   #7

I have the camera and grip on order, it's very handy for portrait orientation. I use it on the D, and it makes a big difference.
danag42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:24 PM   #8

Definitely getting the grip, already have my body and grip on order.

Probably looking for a late November release for Australia
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 3:02 AM   #9

Red..I'm gonna get the grip if Little Dawg will let me. I can't understand this it's too heavy thing. I don't know but if you ever used a K1000 with a 3X multiplier,a 2X multiplier and a 80 -200 vivitar aluminum tube lens at the same time then your talking heavy! LOL And that used to be my Kit Lens setup! LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 8:40 AM   #10

i take it you guys are only using the battery grip for steading the K10D and obviosly for extra battery power? is there any other resons the battery grip is impotant?

thanks in advance
Red Royalty is offline   Reply With Quote