Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:47 AM   #11

I can't be so sure, but it seems to me that opposing viewsare one of the mainaspect thatkeepsa forum up and running. (All IMO)

Sometimes, a forum full of active discussions and (or)arguments tend to attract moremembers from my observations. Look at the forumin dpreview for example, that forum is always full of such discussionsor arguments; it is also one of the most active and biggest forums around that I have came across.Discussions, arguments, and (or) opposing views also often make the members there very active, and that has probably served to make the forum as it is today [A place of active discussions & learning opportunities]. (IMO)

I mean, I see all this as one of the points ofthe forums. (A place for us to discuss, share opinions, and learn new things) As we discuss orargue about a matter,we can be learning new thingsat the same timebeing informativeto others; that is why I found dpreview forums so informative. (Not trying to say this forum is bad at all)

All this are my humble opinions. :-)

Regards.

BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 9:10 AM   #12

Ditto. I just ignore the threads and we all know who started that.
We are bombarded on daily basis shocking headlines from mass media. We all take better pix with the digital format yet nobody stress that on the headline. And even if I put it , nobody read it. We take these advance for granted.

Daniel

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
I'm with you on this one Roy. Anything I see posted from the aforementioned, I ignore. I haven't read any of those threads, and don't intend to. If other members would just ignore them, the author would have no fuel to feed on. I really don't think he's a troll, but just a habitual complainer. Enough said........Don.

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 5:20 PM   #13

jelpee wrote:
Quote:
Not that I was browsing in other forums...but, happened to notice that our's is the most active, beating the Canon by over 1700 posts. We must be doing something right that all of us stick around and participate. J
Quite surprising, given that there must be far less Pentax dSRL users.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 8:17 PM   #14

Catbells wrote:
Quote:
jelpee wrote:
Quote:
Not that I was browsing in other forums...but, happened to notice that our's is the most active, beating the Canon by over 1700 posts. We must be doing something right that all of us stick around and participate. J
Quite surprising, given that there must be far less Pentax dSRL users.
Maybe, but a community consists of the people in it. This one, IMO, is pretty unique and I am glad to be a part of it.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote