Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 19, 2006, 9:35 AM   #1

Sky was fantastic ... the ducks were a bonus. Quick shot through the window with Sigma 24-135.

Cheers, Mike
Attached Images

mgedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:02 AM   #2

Cool shot. I like it! It's a little dark, but that adds to the feel of the moment.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:09 AM   #3

It was very dark actually, but I'm still playing with getting my monitor calibrated just right, which might make a difference too :-)

Cheers, Mike

gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
Cool shot. I like it! It's a little dark, but that adds to the feel of the moment.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:16 AM   #4

Early morning and late evening (especially this time of year) seem to provide the most spectacular scenery, yet it can also be some of the most difficult to shoot. I always have to fiddle with the settings for a while before I get anything usable. Of course, some of my best shots are totally by accident!

gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 10:24 AM   #5

Yes, I love early morning and this was a quick snap shot ... basically point and click. Right out of the camera ... not cropping or post processing. Like you say, sometimes you just get lucky!

Cheers, Mike
Old Oct 19, 2006, 3:23 PM   #6

yeah i like this!! great shot, the shutter 3 stops slower would have done this shot this shot good, but a good shot all round
Red Royalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 4:14 PM   #7

Aren't sunsets/surises great at capturing mood.

I hope you don't mind, but I like to tinker with images to see what effects can be brought out.

I've adjusted the histogram at the top end to increase the brightness & added a touch of USM to produce a more vivid shot.
Attached Images

Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2006, 4:32 PM   #8

Hi Catbells

I don't mind at all! Your adjusted levels looks fantastic... as I said my version was right of the camera with no pp, and its hard to remember exactly the brightness of the moment, but it was still pretty dark ... very first light. Your version is much more vibrant but perhaps not as close to my recollection of "reality" ... but as someone once said ... that just a concept. However, it is great to see what is possible with some adjustments. Thanks for showing me a new perspective. One of these days I'll really have to spend the time to learn how to use photo software properly.

Cheers, Mike
Old Oct 19, 2006, 5:28 PM   #9

very nice mike-- ahh-- the early magic hour. liked your rendering also al..

roy