Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 20, 2006, 6:52 PM   #21
TDN

Look, for all I care they post what they want and whoever wants to replies to it.

I just find it annoying that a new user looking for a DLSR could see this and use it as a reason not to buy a Pentax, an that's a shame...

That decision should be made by looking at the cameras yourself, not looking at what others think about it.

I agree that the best way to get rid of the mentioned troll-threads is to just not feed them, no matter how hard youre tempted to respond
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 6:57 PM   #22

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I will no longer post on these threads and if others follow suit we may be able to "encourage" them to accept the fact that, as Pentax users, we do not need constant reminders of the inferiority of our product. We accept the fact that any technological consumer device is a compromise and we are happy with the fact that Pentax produces a well built camera with decent image quality at a very reasonable price. If anyone expects perfection they will not find it, even at 10 times the price, but if you have the bucks for a pro model from the big two you should expect better performance, but there will still be compromises.

Imagine if I, a poor school teacher, were to find a Ferrari owner's forum. I would then start a thread accusing Ferrari of producing an inferior product because the suspension joints cannot be serviced and must be replaced ever couple of years, and they also get lousy gas mileage. Both of these statements are in fact true, however, of what consequence would that be to a Ferrari owner. Maybe if I had the opportunity to drive a Ferrari I might also realize how inconsequential my whining would be. Are Ferraris perfect? Of course not. As the host of a TV car show says, "Do you need a car like that? Of course not. Do you want a car like that? You bet!"

Ira
Great analogy Ira. Both of you comments are very sensible and down to earth. I, for one, applaud you.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 7:09 PM   #23

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I will no longer post on these threads and if others follow suit we may be able to "encourage" them to accept the fact that, as Pentax users, we do not need constant reminders of the inferiority of our product. We accept the fact that any technological consumer device is a compromise and we are happy with the fact that Pentax produces a well built camera with decent image quality at a very reasonable price. If anyone expects perfection they will not find it, even at 10 times the price, but if you have the bucks for a pro model from the big two you should expect better performance, but there will still be compromises.

Imagine if I, a poor school teacher, were to find a Ferrari owner's forum. I would then start a thread accusing Ferrari of producing an inferior product because the suspension joints cannot be serviced and must be replaced ever couple of years, and they also get lousy gas mileage. Both of these statements are in fact true, however, of what consequence would that be to a Ferrari owner. Maybe if I had the opportunity to drive a Ferrari I might also realize how inconsequential my whining would be. Are Ferraris perfect? Of course not. As the host of a TV car show says, "Do you need a car like that? Of course not. Do you want a car like that? You bet!"

Ira
Great analogy Ira. Both of you comments are very sensible and down to earth. I, for one, applaud you.

Darren

I second That!!
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 7:13 PM   #24

i don't have time for them and don't know about the content as i don't read them or post to them. i think i've only made a couple of posts and that's been awhile. post a thread and get no responses, sooner or later it goes away.

roy
Old Oct 20, 2006, 7:35 PM   #25

Quote:
When the term troll is derogatory and the person in question is called that instead of his or her chosen name here then it is Name calling in the worst way! Look I agree with everything ,,,well almost and points are well taken ( by the way I liked the Monty Python sketch) but voting with your feet or calmly disputing someone rather than flaming will get the Job done! Just choose one of those and things may work better! And the Freedom of speech here enables the learning process!

Dawg

I'm not trying to argue and after this Ill let it drop. But if you think calling someone a "troll" or whatever is flaming or name calling in the worst way.....man have YOU led a sheltered existence on the web.
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 7:52 PM   #26

I am a new Pentax owner. I did quite a bit of research to see what folks thought of the camera. 98% of the posts are favor Pentax and their products, and that is what made me buy the camera, not the 2 % of posters who are trying to get everyone's ire up (which it seems they have done quite nicely). I have to admit I am more intrigued now to look over a few of the posts to see what I am missing, than I was before reading this post. Everybody has a right to their own opinion (however skewed most of us think it is).

So I say have fun with it if you must, take most of it with a grain of salt and continue posting the great pictures that I have been seeing. As others have already put down here - If it becomes boring to the poster it will go away.
steve
syoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 8:23 PM   #27

Not trying to argue at all Spiritbro. If I came across that way then I owe an apology to those that took it that way. Yes the world wide web can be a rough place and I'm not going to be the one to tell anyone what to say or not to say. Maybe this will help explain what I meant. We are posting on a forum that is filled with people frpm all parts of the globe and from all backgrounds and walks of life. You may know the age and the background of the Person in question. I don't and would raher see them treated with some respect even if they give the apearance of trying to start trouble or apear to be spreading malicious gossip. It may be a problem of communicating in a different language. It may be a ten year old that just doesn't know any better. I just think that calling anyone by any kind of derogatory term is not what I...And here remember I said I would do. Everyone is welcome to say what they wish and I'll not add anymore here myself as I am new to this part of Steves forum. I hope I've not got off on a wrong foot here but sometimes I can't help but post the way I feel. Sorry again If any one was upset by anything I've said but now that I've said it I'll get off my soap box and go back to listening in!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 9:09 PM   #28

my take on this
start new threads and comment on as many more deserving threads that are below the offending threads
and they will disappear off the bottom and hopefully stay disappeared

but i do have a silly sense of humour and will admit to having a quiet giggle at some of the trivial and inane things that were written trying to defend their attacks on Pentax ( i dont mean the monty python bits, that was real humour lol )

i guess one has to do what one has to do
and defending the honour of Pentax against the non belivers is every pentaxians duty
(start playing land of hope and glory now)
we shall fight them on the beaches
we shall fight them on.......

Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 9:15 PM   #29

Gumnut wrote:
Quote:
my take on this
start new threads and comment on as many more deserving threads that are below the offending threads
and they will disappear off the bottom and hopefully stay disappeared
Haven't thought of that .

Start another thread even if you are tempted to respond to those t**** line.

I second that

Daniel

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 11:18 PM   #30

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Not trying to argue at all Spiritbro. If I came across that way then I owe an apology to those that took it that way. Yes the world wide web can be a rough place and I'm not going to be the one to tell anyone what to say or not to say. Maybe this will help explain what I meant. We are posting on a forum that is filled with people frpm all parts of the globe and from all backgrounds and walks of life. You may know the age and the background of the Person in question. I don't and would raher see them treated with some respect even if they give the apearance of trying to start trouble or apear to be spreading malicious gossip. It may be a problem of communicating in a different language. It may be a ten year old that just doesn't know any better. I just think that calling anyone by any kind of derogatory term is not what I...And here remember I said I would do. Everyone is welcome to say what they wish and I'll not add anymore here myself as I am new to this part of Steves forum. I hope I've not got off on a wrong foot here but sometimes I can't help but post the way I feel. Sorry again If any one was upset by anything I've said but now that I've said it I'll get off my soap box and go back to listening in!

Quote:
Dawg

No problem Dawg. If it came off that way IM sorry. I agree with what you've said and I hope you will continue to speak you mind. Peace
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote