Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 20, 2006, 8:27 AM   #1

I would suggest sending private msg to whoever responding to these two (or future ) troll threads as follows:

{I represent the following forum members and kindly request you not to respond to these two troll threads started by xxxxxxxx . We found his posting to be not in the interest of all forum members.

Daniel danielchtong & whoever giving me authorisation ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????? }

Pl change my wording and email me direct to my email danielchtong At Yahoo Dot Com.

If I can get say 10 members' support, I shall give private msg to the new respondants of his troll threads.

What do u think?

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2006, 8:39 AM   #2

Perhaps if a moderator could simply lock the threads if he or she feels they are adding to a negative environment on here. I certainly do. It's frustrating when people post legitimate material which just gets buried by the constant bickering in the "troll threads". Just my two cents.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 9:04 AM   #3

We all know who the trolls are.....

If nobody responds, then the threads will get buried fast.

I find the troll posts to have no significant value except that they seem to be mildy entertaining.

I say let them post....they will eventually get the hint.

F

fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:05 AM   #4

It's kinda like a train wreck....you don't want to look, but you can't help yourself. You've just got to click on that post! I've resisted responding so far, and haven't actually read it in a few days. I'm getting better.

Russ
rfortson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:46 AM   #5

If you sent that message to me I'd tell you to stick it where the sun don't shine. Just don't post to it youself and let others decide what they wish to do. Or are you trying for trolldom yourself? My Dad always said god forgot to put a reverse gear in me and I've never taken too well to being dictated to. This is a F-O-R-U-M!!!!!!! All things related to the forum subject should be allowed and all members should be free to express themselves. If you don't agree with their viewpoint then either use the freedom you have to reply or not! But telling someone not to do either of those is imposing your will on someone else and therefore this will no longer be a free forum. That's the moderators job not your's!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:51 AM   #6

I have managed to resist the temptation over the last few days, although I must admit I was probably the instigator of the Monty Python posts (OK it was all my fault). Sometimes a little levity can distract from the arguments (Interesting that one of the Monty Python troupe has recently named the force that is causing the universe to expand, instead of dark energy he called it levity).

I promise to avoid all threads involving the mutual admiration society but I am not sure if this method of contacting otherswould be effective. Although there are two (yes the Sith reference was one I also may have been involved in, my bad), I notice that some others may also need to look at what they are posting. I am guilty of making light of the situation but some have been rather rude.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 11:07 AM   #7

Monza76 schreef:
Quote:
I have managed to resist the temptation over the last few days, although I must admit I was probably the instigator of the Monty Python posts (OK it was all my fault). Sometimes a little levity can distract from the arguments (Interesting that one of the Monty Python troupe has recently named the force that is causing the universe to expand, instead of dark energy he called it levity).

I promise to avoid all threads involving the mutual admiration society but I am not sure if this method would be effective. Although there are two (yes the Sith reference was on I also may have been involved in, my bad), I notice that some others may also need to look at what they are posting. I am guilty of making light of the situation but some have been rather rude.

Ira

Ira,

Your introduction of Monty Python was a positive way to get the thing backon it's feet, you cannot blame yourself for that. (You are like my wife!) I posted the lyricks (I did didn't I?) and Idon't feel sorry for that.It does not matter what you post or not, when somebody wants to play for troll there's always something to find.

To stop talking about al of this, and to win this month's price , I've put in a third picture by the contest, try to beat me, take a look, no words needed.

All this just to say, don't blame yourself, and don't put any energy into trolls. Get that picture. And now for something completely different.....

Richard.

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 11:09 AM   #8

I agree that they might be within their rights to post. I mean if no forum rules ar broken in the process.

My approach has always been to vote with my feet, so to speak. It is the sane way to do it. I do it in my real life and virtual one:-) Why do you think I got the bike for?:-)

DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 11:16 AM   #9

A good attitude and I agree with it!

Dawg

DigitalAddict wrote:
Quote:
I agree that they might be within their rights to post. I mean if no forum rules ar broken in the process.

My approach has always been to vote with my feet, so to speak. It is the sane way to do it. I do it in my real life and virtual one:-) Why do you think I got the bike for?:-)

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 11:23 AM   #10

Hey Bigdawg...I love the avatar. I used to have a Rottie.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote