Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:39 PM   #11

All great shots - I love B&W. Don't know if this addition is my best, but it is my most recent....
Attached Images

nznhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:52 PM   #12

I hope you all won't mind my cheating a little bit. I've been trying to learn some photoshop tecniques and although these are MOSTLY black and white the eyes and lips are color. :-)
Attached Images

Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:56 PM   #13

And then this one.........Sure wish I could figure out how to load multiple pics in one post. I tried going back and editing and adding but it deletes my original pic when I do. Hmmmm Guess I'm not a rocket scientist afterall.:-)

Good thread Ira. I love Black and white.

Anywhere, anytime I post a pic....critiques are most welcome. I have thick skin and need all the feedback I can get! lol
Attached Images

Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 10:58 PM   #14

This photo was almost black and white to begin with, the fog had stolen almost all of the colors. I took this Thursday on my way to a meeting in another county. You know you have the photography bug bad when you factor your travel time to include traffic, getting lost, and the possibility of seeing a good photo opportunity.

Tim
Attached Images

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 1:34 AM   #15

Very interesting shot! It has an eerie, quietness to it. I like the subtle shades of gray that the fog puts on everything. Well done.
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 2:04 AM   #16

I love B&W. It captures the mood of the moment so powerfully sometimes. This is my daughter, less than 1 minute old. After she was delivered, she was put in the warmer while the nurse cleaned her up. I put my finger into her hand and she grabbed onto it tight! I'll never forget that moment.

royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 4:17 AM   #17

Nice done Ira!, goo idea.

PDL: can't see your pictures!

Spiritbro,

I like the first one, the second one seems a bit blurrish (But you did that on purpose i think.) Putting more than one picture here means you have to start a new message everytime. You can also take a -free- account at Photobucket.com you can put a lot of pictures there and paste the link in a message here.

nzhut, I like the sharpness of the barndoor (It is, isn't it?)

PDL I have almost the same, only they allow me to keep my hair until now that is :-)

I made my own filmrolls, b&w from Illford 30 meters on a roll, and I still remember what a change, and challenge- it was when color came around. I stopped taking photographs very soon after that.Did buy me a Kodad DX 6490 last year, andthis spring a*istdl these put me back on the track. Ilike it very much to have a darkroom on my computer, no chemicals, and I can do things I could not even imagine I would do that with photos 30 years ago.

Too much old man's talk

OK, now I have to look for some black&whites to put here I think....

Richard.

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 4:54 AM   #18
PDL

Image #2

Drywall mud - during the kitchen remodel - A remnant of Pentax Day.

PDL

PDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 4:57 AM   #19
PDL

Image #3 - Mail box of "The most photographed house in Santa Fe, NM"

Enjoy - PDL

PDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 5:23 AM   #20

royce10 wrote:
Quote:
I love B&W. It captures the mood of the moment so powerfully sometimes. This is my daughter, less than 1 minute old. After she was delivered, she was put in the warmer while the nurse cleaned her up. I put my finger into her hand and she grabbed onto it tight! I'll never forget that moment.
doc,,, what can i say!!! i certainly can't say it in words.. tears in my eyes!! what a profound image!!!!!
remarkable
doc----- best you have ever posted..
others may disagree but "I" can't get away from the 'feeling' here.

thanks so much,
roy