Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 24, 2006, 8:26 PM   #71

Midway
Attached Images

Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 7:14 AM   #72
TDN

Ah heck...here's another one

Street photography can be a very fun thing to do.

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 8:37 AM   #73

Monza76 schreef:
Quote:
Here is one of my favourite Pentax B&W images, sorry to say it was shot on b&w film using a K1000 and my M 50mm f1.7 before digital came along. I call it "Mother-in-law door".

:-)You could start with locking herup in the boathouse. (I like that one, you did show some of them a while ago if I remember well?)

Richard.

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 1:32 PM   #74

Ritro wrote:
Quote:
:-)You could start with locking herup in the boathouse. (I like that one, you did show some of them a while ago if I remember well?)

Richard.
Yes, nothing new here, if I get a chance next week (and this thread hasn't disappeared by then) I will convert some new images.

BTW thanks for the comments.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 7:02 AM   #75

This thread is great... Wish I had something worthy to post!
mutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 7:50 AM   #76

I'm also impressed with everything here - quality is outstanding. I'm like mutty - wish I had taken anything even half as good as most of these, so I could contribute. Thanks everyone, for posting all these and giving me something to think about.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:34 PM   #77

My last 2 lunch hours have been spent playing around a bit with b&w and street scenes (not at all my normal thing). This is the only one that I thought came out at all, and I'm not really happy with it. It just doesn't have much impact to me, but then I'm a poor judge when it comes to something new like this. What do all of you who are so good at this think?
Attached Images

Old Oct 28, 2006, 12:06 AM   #78

Very nice, but I think you have to cheat on this one. But that's only my opinion.

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
My last 2 lunch hours have been spent playing around a bit with b&w and street scenes (not at all my normal thing). This is the only one that I thought came out at all, and I'm not really happy with it. It just doesn't have much impact to me, but then I'm a poor judge when it comes to something new like this. What do all of you who are so good at this think?
oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 6:45 AM   #79

this sure is a great thread

i am enjoying the b/w heaps

one of the things in b/w is getting a full tonal range from black to white
the easiest way to achieve this is to go into levels in a graphics program and make sure you have a histogram that covers the entire range
if there are no full blacks or white then slide the thingies (technical talk) along till you do (or pretty close at least)

ps this is not true for every photo, depending on "the mood" and stuff (more technical talk)
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 4:38 PM   #80

oreo57 wrote:
Quote:
Very nice, but I think you have to cheat on this one. But that's only my opinion.

Hey - I like your little adjustment! I admit, it took me a couple of minutes to figure out what you did - but now that I see what you did, it makes a significant improvement. When I took this picture I took both the interesting railing and the tile that is below it. It looks OK in color, but in b&w the tile looked really yucky, so I cropped them out. I'm not adverse to cloning etc.- I'm not trying to be a photo-journalist, just put out something that's fun/interesting/pretty to look at. Thanks for the assist!