Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 21, 2006, 12:21 AM   #1

Hope no one minds, but I didn't want to post too many on the October challenge. So I started a new thread. While Royce might be enjoying an endless summer, 100 miles away I'm enjoying autumn. Here are the other pictures I took today that I thought came out pretty well. Let me know what you think. All were taken with the K100D. This was taken with the A*300 f4.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2006, 12:24 AM   #2

#2. Also taken with the A*300mm f4.
Attached Images

Old Oct 21, 2006, 12:26 AM   #3

#3. Taken with an M 50mm 1.4 lens. For anyone thinking about one of these - manual lenses add a step, but aren't difficult to use.
Attached Images

Old Oct 21, 2006, 12:29 AM   #4

#4. Taken with the M50mm 1.4 and a linear polarizer.
Attached Images

Old Oct 21, 2006, 12:51 AM   #5

I tried to find some autumn leaves to shoot, but I couldn't find any here in southern california. Hehehe. Anyways, I really like your 2nd shot. Beautiful rich red colors and I like how the sun/shadows dapple the leaves. Also the last shot is quite interesting. For those 3 colors, was it 3 different trees or was this all on one?
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 12:55 AM   #6

No leaves in this shot, but I still think it says "autumn". Taken with the Pentax K100D and the Tamron 28-300 (non-DI). The lens just happened to be on there because I was taking air show shots (http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=82) earlier in the day. I was pleased at how this shot came out with this lens.

Russ
rfortson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 1:25 AM   #7

They were all separate trees. I actually found some autumn color around West LA this past week - a type of ivy that changes colors hiding a chain link fence, along with the brown sycamore trees (I was going to post a single fallen leaf on the sidewalk, but someone posted a similar shot that was far better than mine). So there is autumn colors around if you look hard enough.

Love the pumpkins, Russ! Definitely autumn.
Old Oct 21, 2006, 1:35 AM   #8

Harriet, these are hits! Trees and leaves are everywhere, and nothing could be easier than to point and shoot. But these are Photographs. Hats off!

Can you look in any direction without seeing a pumpkin this season in the US?Nice shot though!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 5:52 AM   #9

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Harriet, these are hits! Trees and leaves are everywhere, and nothing could be easier than to point and shoot. But these are Photographs. Hats off!

Can you look in any direction without seeing a pumpkin this season in the US?Nice shot though!

Kjell
i have to agree with kjell.... excellent shots gal!!! tough lens to shoot with...

roy
Old Oct 21, 2006, 5:54 AM   #10

rfortson wrote:
Quote:
No leaves in this shot, but I still think it says "autumn". Taken with the Pentax K100D and the Tamron 28-300 (non-DI). The lens just happened to be on there because I was taking air show shots (http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=82) earlier in the day. I was pleased at how this shot came out with this lens.

Russ
love the DOF.. 50-200???