Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:42 PM   #11

Thanks everyone. Catbells, did you use the clone tool? I did try that but I was not happy with the result, there was still an obvious line on his face where the skin tones did not match. I will have another go at the original and really blow it up to 200% this time and try to make the clone tool as small as possible. Thanks all for your feedback.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 1:27 PM   #12

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Catbells, did you use the clone tool?
I did & as you experienced, it did produce a faint line.

A trick that I've learnt is to reduce the opacity down to say, 30%, then re-clone over the area again which helps to blend things in more. It works well l especially on plain sky shots where there is a surprisingly large amount of different tones.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 9:40 PM   #13

Thanks Catbells,
I gave it another try. This time I viewed the picture at 200% and used the cloning tool on a #4 size (In PSP X). I also tried your trick of going over it again at 30%. I was much more pleased with the final result. I could see some signs of PP at 200% and even 100% if I looked for it, but is should be invisibleat any size this picture is likely to be printed at. Thanks for the tip.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote