Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 23, 2006, 9:11 AM   #11

:G:G:G
That still makes your pix the sport photo of the month. But I doubt if I can simulate that . Can I borrow your subject?

Daniel

gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
I would love to say that I meticulously calculated all the correct settings, but I would be lying. I set the camera to "Sports Mode" and panned...that's it. I love my K100D! :lol:
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 9:22 AM   #12

Excellent shot nontheless! Better to set it on the preset which shows can be a plus, than to fiddle with the camera and miss the shot altogether.

I do love the simplicity of this camera (K100D, DS, DL, DS2, DL2 and K110D) vs. my "N" camera. It is a great grab and go camera for anything in my opinion.

I use my "N" camera specifically for one thing and my Pentax makes an excellent backup and obviously my "all around" walk around camera.

I love my Pentax (DS and K100D)

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 9:23 AM   #13

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Can I borrow your subject?

Daniel
He would love it. That kid lives for football. He's not exactly camera-shy either. I have tons of photos of him "hamming it up" for the camera.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Thanks! I would love to say that I meticulously calculated all the correct settings, but I would be lying. I set the camera to "Sports Mode" and panned...that's it. I love my K100D! :lol:
Great shot!
Just curious: did you have SR on while panning? I happened to take a shot with SR on while panning and let's just say it came out quite artistic:-)
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:44 AM   #15

DigitalAddict wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks! I would love to say that I meticulously calculated all the correct settings, but I would be lying. I set the camera to "Sports Mode" and panned...that's it. I love my K100D! :lol:
Great shot!
Just curious: did you have SR on while panning? I happened to take a shot with SR on while panning and let's just say it came out quite artistic:-)
LOL....artistic eh? Now I'm going to have to try that just to see what happens! No, I'm pretty sure I had the SR turned off. I remembered reading somewhere that it's best to turn it off for panning shots.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:47 AM   #16

Nice shot!!

JeanneB is offline   Reply With Quote