Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 25, 2006, 6:54 PM   #21

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...%3AIT&rd=1
This has been extensively discussed in the other forum. Best match for it would be A*200mm2.8 or A*300mm F2.8 or F4.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 7:06 PM   #22

i am real happy with my ds
and the fact i can use so many lenses
this picture was taken using a screw mount Hnimex 400mm lens that i was given for free

taken fom Bold Park in City Beach
for any one in Perth
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 7:14 PM   #23

sho33y
welcome to the forum!!
glad you also made the wise decision..

roy
Old Oct 25, 2006, 7:42 PM   #24

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
This has been extensively discussed in the other forum. Best match for it would be A*200mm2.8 or A*300mm F2.8 or F4.

Daniel
Interesting, I had seen lenses that were designed to provide autofocus on manual focus cameras but I did not know there were TC that gave autofocus with manual focus lenses!
Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 7:46 PM   #25

I honestly do not know if my K100d is the BEST Dslr under $1,000 or not; it is the only one I have ever tried. I do know that I am very happy with it and a good friend of mine, a photography nut with a Nikon D2X and three lenses that cost more than my whole rig EACH, was very favorably impressed with my camera. Compared to Nikons in the same price range he felt I had done well. If we are posting pics with cheap lenses, here is a favorite I have posted before. K100d with my $50 F 50mm 1.7:

Attached Images

Old Oct 25, 2006, 8:13 PM   #26

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
I honestly do not know if my K100d is the BEST Dslr under $1,000 or not; it is the only one I have ever tried. I do know that I am very happy with it and a good friend of mine, a photography nut with a Nikon D2X and three lenses that cost more than my whole rig EACH, was very favorably impressed with my camera. Compared to Nikons in the same price range he felt I had done well. If we are posting pics with cheap lenses, here is a favorite I have posted before. K100d with my $50 F 50mm 1.7:

Tim,

Beautiful. Both lens and the kids. Are they yours?

One day have a shoot out with the D2x of the same subject. Actually your combo (k100d+F50mm) is no slouch at all. I would say a deadly serious combo.

Daniel
Old Oct 25, 2006, 8:31 PM   #27

Well, the rear end in the camo bathing suit belongs to my son. The two faces are a niece and nephew, though, at their older sister's birthday party. My friend has been into photography for years and is not afraid to drop some major cash on the equipment he wants. He favors Nikon (obviously) and Pentax really does not have anything to compete with a D2X anyhow. Despite this, he really thought my K100d was nice commented on how good the WB was indoors under tough lighting and how much he liked the LCD screen on it. On the flip side, I could not believe how quickly and silently his camera focused and 8 fps is an impressive stacatto.

I love my camera. I have discovered a whole new hobby and a new way of expressing creativity. I fully expect I will be adding a K10d this winter. If the K10 somehow ends up being a dud, I will get a second K100. My wife wanted to take the camera to an awards ceremony at my son's school this afternoon. She was not happy when I told her I had it at work with me because I had seen a butterfly outside the jail yesterday and I thought it might come back. Since it is technically HER camera, I think I need to start shopping for one of my own.

Tim
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:22 PM   #28

That's pretty interesting.
Does anyone know how it works though, I don't even see the usual AF connection for autofocus lenses and can't see how it can focus MF lenses...
I'm not doubting that it works, just interested in how.

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
danielchtong wrote:
Quote:

Daniel
Interesting, I had seen lenses that were designed to provide autofocus on manual focus cameras but I did not know there were TC that gave autofocus with manual focus lenses!
Tim
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:39 PM   #29

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...focus&qf=m

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...focus&qf=m

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=19019812

This has been extensively discussed. The TC has gone up in price quite a lot during the last few months.

Daniel
Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:44 PM   #30

The teleconverter focuses. No need for a pass through connection for a manual focus lens. That's why you don't see it on the one side. One the back side it's just out of view. A minor problem. You need fast lenses, ie w/ max aperatures of 2.8 or larger. Think this is just a general guideline as they seem to work w/ "slower" lenses, at least in good light. Not sure if you have to set the MF lens at a specific spot (min focus or infinity) Others should know. The Pentax version is hard to find and pricey. Actually surpried that one is still there.
The Kenko 7 element AF teleconverter is around $134 new.
Thank B&H for this photo
Well........... the 1.7x is gone Snooze you lose........

oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote