Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 27, 2006, 3:32 AM   #41

Great shot, wouldn't say it's te best because the other dslr would get jealous :blah:
but there are imho none that are better.
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 3:50 AM   #42

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Your shot is amazing. Her smile is so sweet. Is she in love? And who is the lucky fellow?
Thank you!
I certainly hope she is, because we've been together for over 2 years now. :lol:

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
In terms of bang for the buck, I doubt if anything (incl Canon+Nikon) can beat M50mm1.7. For brand new one that people can buy, FA50mm1.4 is probably the crown. BTW you may qualify to be in LBA if you are shopping for another A50mm.
Avoid A50mm F2 though which is of a different category .

Daniel
For the price it really is an amazing lense!
I wasn't actually in the market for another 50mm, but saw a bulk lot of lenses on eBay and snapped it up.
I was primarily after the M 28mm + M 135mm but it also comes with 2 50mm lenses too! (A 1.4 and M 2.0)
So yeah, I guess I should book myself in for some LBA meetings :blah:

I'll put the M 50mm 2.0 straight back on eBay and possibly the M 1.7 (although I may keep that soley for macros with my ext tubes)

Thanks snostorm, I guess its no different to other Pentax gear recently - the prices are going right up!
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 7:51 AM   #43

Scott,

If you have decided to despose of one of the 2 TC, give me a shout. I have been bidding it without success.

Daniel
Toronto

snostorm wrote:
Quote:
I have 2 of the Pentax F 1.7x Autofocusing Adapters (can't imagine being without one). They focus within the TC as oreo57 said, and will allow MF lenses to AF, and AF lenses will also focus, but only within the TC. With shorter lenses, you just set the focus on the lens for infinity, but on the longer telephotos, you have to "prefocus" the lens to within the focusing range of the TC. There are both advantages and disadvantages to using this TC.
Scott
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 8:17 AM   #44

Good for you. Go for M28mm 3.5 or M135mm3.5. Both are very high on quality but dirt cheap in price. Avoid the K and non-SMC version. I had the 135mm 2.5 non-SMC and could not return it fast enough. Maybe sample difference. But other users also complained too.

Daniel

nadnerb wrote:
Quote:
I was primarily after the M 28mm + M 135mm but it also comes with 2 50mm lenses too! (A 1.4 and M 2.0)
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 8:03 PM   #45

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Less than stellar (part. in sharpness) lens in good hands may be a different story. You showed it all.

Daniel

Touche, and you are right, in good hands the results would have been better. But my point wasn't that the f2 is tack sharp. Just that it isn't the throw away some make it out to be. I wasn't trying for sharpness in those pics. I shot wide open attempting a nice blurry backround and softer look. While I obviously didn't get the greatest pic, I was happy with the results and Chasidy, the model was happy as well. I didn't think I did TOO bad for my first shoot.And you can bet I'm practicing all I can to get better.I'm not saying the f2 is the best lens ever. Just that it isn't all THAT bad. :lol:
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote