Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 27, 2006, 8:10 AM   #1

Pentax K10D Digital SLR Camera - Body Only – AUS$1269

Pentax K10D Digital SLR Camera + 18-50mm Sigma Lens – AUS$1319

Pentax K10D Digital SLR Camera + 18-125mm Sigma Lens - AUS$1428

Pentax K10D Digital SLR Camera + 18-55mm Pentax Lens - AUS$1449

Pentax K10D Digital SLR Camera + 18-50 & 55-200mm Sigma Lenses - AUS$1539

Pentax K10D Digital SLR Camera + 18-200mm Sigma Lens - AUS$1659

Pentax K10D Digital SLR Camera + 18-200mm Sigma Lens - AUS$1669

Can you identify the most practical option(s) here ? I would appreciate any advice and recommendation. Thanks ![size=]
Anatoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2006, 9:18 AM   #2

anatoli,
welcome to the board. you are using white text that most of us can not see. you need to go to ''my account'' at the top of the page to get rid of the black back ground page..

roy
Attached Images

Old Oct 27, 2006, 9:21 AM   #3

the next screen has a ''preferences tab. clik it and change the ''board theme'' to a different setting.
Attached Images

Old Oct 27, 2006, 2:09 PM   #4

Personally, I would take the 2 kit lenses - 18-55mm and 50-200mm. Covers most of the range and lets you play while you sort out what sort of photography appeals.

If you already have a stack of Pentax lenses then go body only.

If you need a walkabout lens then the 18-125mm is ideal.

It all comes down to what you already have and what you intend to use the camera for.

Sorry.

Darren

Anatoli wrote:
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 4:59 PM   #5

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
Personally, I would take the 2 kit lenses - 18-55mm and 50-200mm. Covers most of the range and lets you play while you sort out what sort of photography appeals.

It all comes down to what you already have and what you intend to use the camera for.

Sorry.

Darren

Anatoli wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, Darren. But as you can see, they do not propose this combination of 18-55mm and 50-200mm.Digital SLR Camera - Body Only – AUS$1269
Here in Melbourne they sell lenses mainly on line. So, it is quite hard to test them before you buy. Anatoli
Old Oct 27, 2006, 5:04 PM   #6

Anatoli wrote:
Quote:
Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:

Sorry.

Darren

Anatoli wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, Darren. But as you can see, they do not propose this combination of 18-55mm and 50-200mm.Digital SLR Camera - Body Only – AUS$1269
Here in Melbourne they sell lenses mainly on line. So, it is quite hard to test them before you buy. Anatoli
Pretty close though with the 18-50 and the 55-200 though!!!

I have the Pentax versions and they cover the range very well (I have of course contracted LBA and bought a few other lenses)

Darren

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 6:22 PM   #7

Anatoli

I agree with dal1970. Most likely the best way to start out, would be the 18-50 and 50-200.
I think you will Find a Majority of the regulars here started that way. As you progress you will Find the type of photography you Enjoy the most. Then adjust the lenses accordingly.
I Personally have Switched over to the Pentax FA 28-105. This meets my Need for 90% of the Shots I Take. But I still have all my other lenses if need be

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 6:47 PM   #8

Black Knight wrote:
Quote:
Anatoli

I agree with dal1970. Most likely the best way to start out, would be the 18-50 and 50-200.
I think you will Find a Majority of the regulars here started that way. As you progress you will Find the type of photography you Enjoy the most. Then adjust the lenses accordingly.
I Personally have Switched over to the Pentax FA 28-105. This meets my Need for 90% of the Shots I Take. But I still have all my other lenses if need be

BK
Thank you very much ! I am always a good listener and everything I read at Steves Forums was extremely useful. Will it be ahuge differance between 18-50 and 18-55 ? Also, could you please give some more details about your experience with 28-105.

Thanks !
Old Oct 27, 2006, 7:28 PM   #9

Hi anatoli

Well what can I say. I Love the lense. Even though I have been a Pentaxianfor very very long time, I have no idea on all the technical Issues ofa lense. IMHO-I Know what I thinktakes Great pictures. And in My opinion this one Does.

The best way for me to let you be the judge, is to Let you see a picture taken by It. So here is a link to a picture. My post is about 3/4's of the way down the page

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=80&page=3

Heres alink To a Picture more on the Tlong Side of the lense

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80

BK

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 8:38 PM   #10

Привет Анатолий, говорите по русски?

I would go for Pentax lense, not Sigma. Listed sigma lenses are worse than listed Pentax lenses. Also another not mentioned here option should be available in Australia: K10D + 16-45mm f4 lense.

BTW, if you're really clueless what focal lengths you need, you can get K10D with that long Sigma 18-200 zoom, use it for few thousand shots and then gather statistics what focal lengths you're using most. Notice however, that zooms like 18-200 won't give you inferior image quality.

I own DA 16-45mm f4, DA 50-200mm f4-5.6 and FA 50mm f1.4 lenses and the most used is my FA 50mm 1.4, I simply love the picture quality of that prime lense.
Edvinas is offline   Reply With Quote