Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 5, 2006, 2:23 PM   #1

just upgrade to IE7.. so far not so bad. i did have to switch EXIF viewers but i like opanda's better.. seems more acurate too. 1 gripe, you can't customize the tool bars enough.. i like the tabbed browser tho.. get it at M$ updates.

roy
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 5, 2006, 3:18 PM   #2

Hi Roy

I was actually running a couple of the Beta versions on My PC. IE7 Is Ok, but I Still Like Fire Fox better. I just Wish that FF Worked better with This forum. There are a Few things that It just will Not Do.
Any clue Why the forum was down for So Long?

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2006, 4:06 PM   #3

Takes a bit of getting used to having had things moved around.

Unfortunately, it adds something which affects uSoft Frontpage which I use to create my web pages; the resultant affect is:

1. I can'tview my pages from within Frontpage

2. Running the files from Hard Disk reports an error BUT the location where the error is reported looks OK

3.Everything is fine when runningthe uploaded files from the server

SP2 also creates some funnies with the javascript that I use.

Reverting back to SP1 restores everything to normal with NO PROBLEMS.

Incidentally, uSoft is about the last to utalise tabs - Deepnet Explorer uses them & it offers more than IE7.

Have you noticed than when you do a spell check now within this forum, the highlighted colour has changed from RED to BLUE - now that's really weird.

Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2006, 4:33 PM   #4

i have noticed that a few items in rt clik window are not there anymore. i'll use this for awhile and may go back. i'll give it and me a chance to work it out..
Old Nov 6, 2006, 9:20 AM   #5

robar wrote:
Quote:
i have noticed that a few items in rt clik window are not there anymore. i'll use this for awhile and may go back. i'll give it and me a chance to work it out..
I use M$ I E as a last resort for some IE-specific site only.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:20 PM   #6

I'm with Daniel. I've actually been beta-testing Windows Vista for a couple months now so have had some IE7 experience - it's maybe not quite as "yuck" as IE6 but Firefox is still far more elegant and capable IMHO. I've also not had any problems using it with this forum.

There are EXIF add-ons you can use for Firefox, as well. I haven't tried any yet but I'd lean toward FxIF just because it's a native FF extension, rather than a larger, standalone program. It's homepage is here: http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/fxif/

I also gotta have my AdBlock, Mouse Gesture, Flashblock, Scrapbook, etc... I'm sticking with FF.

Damfino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2006, 7:35 PM   #7

I use FXIF, it's very good
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:23 AM   #8

I installed and immediately uninstalled IE7 for 2 reasons.

1. Like said above, I could not customise to my way of doing things - I want the back button on the right.

2. I have a joomla site and IE7 does NOT show anything past a third of the way downwards.

Although I removed it, I wonder what people will see of my joomla site(s) with IE7. This is crazy.

nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2006, 9:07 PM   #9

I've been using Firefox for over a year and haven't had any problems (other than the US Dept of Ed site and Microsoft, of course).
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote