Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:21 PM   #1

I probably shouldn't post this many of the same topic, and several are very similar. However, I couldn't make up my mind which ones to not include and they all have something different that attracted me. These were all taken Saturday morning withbothcameras and 3 different lenses. I was not trying to do comparison shots or anything like that - just playing around with a pretty morning.

The lighting was dramatic. I think this one might be too dark for most tastes, but thought it lost its drama when I tried to lighten/increase contrast in it. Taken with the K100D with the DA 50-200 lens.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:26 PM   #2

I know this photo has some significant faults - I blew the highlight/sky on the right. I did take another version, but didn't like it as well - the right was still blown out and the colors looked dull. This is my husband's favorite picture of all of the ones I took that morning, so I'm including it here, even with its faults.

K100D and the DA 50-200 lens.
Attached Images

Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:28 PM   #3

Our area is very rural, and nothing is level. It doesn't bother anyone that the street sign isn't straight. I tried to get something vertical but nothing really matches, including the power poles!

DS and 18-55 kit lens
Attached Images

Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:30 PM   #4

This one actually looks toward my subdivision on the hill. Taken with the K100D and the DA 50-200 lens. I took another one at the same time with the DS and the kit lens, but thought the colors were too over-the-top, while this one is pretty accurate to what was there.
Attached Images

Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:33 PM   #5

The next three pictures are more or less a panorama. I didn't take them as a panorama, so can't put them together properly. They are all similar but I couldn't make up my mind which one to delete. I liked the sun through the trees in this one. K100D and A*300mm lens.
Attached Images

Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:35 PM   #6

Also taken with the K100D and the A*300mm lens. I may not use this lens all that much for birds, but it does nicely with landscapes. Middle view, to the right of the previous one. I like the road.
Attached Images

Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:38 PM   #7

I'll throw this one in because it is the third one to the scene. I thought this was the weakest of the ones I took, and is the one I probably should have skipped. K100D and A*300mm lens.
Attached Images

Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:39 PM   #8

real nice. liked the last one a lot. thanks, eric

i really type too slow. it's now the penultimate.
ejbrusselsprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:52 PM   #9

Wow. I am very impressed with these shots. I'm glad you included all 6 shots. I think my favorite one is the 3rd one with the sign post. The lighting in these shots are a photographer's dream. Great job capturing it.

*makes mental note to self - go to bed earlier so you can get up earlier to shoot beautiful shots with morning light like mtngal*
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2006, 12:50 AM   #10

Great shots - plenty of atmos. Favs are 1st and 3rd.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote