Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 8, 2006, 7:33 PM   #11

i think so also tom. they are a tad tad soft but this is the best results i've had. for $10 what can i expect.

roy
Old Nov 8, 2006, 8:33 PM   #12

For only $10 to go from a 500mm to a 1000mm is not bad.

If you get shots you would not get without the TC then it becomes a usefull tool.

Of course it is not the same as a proper prime of about 1000mm, but the cost benefit-analysis has got to be in favour of the TC for most people.

Phil

philneast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:12 AM   #13

I'm certainly impressed with the quality. What did you use to get rid of the fringing? It was the first thing I noticed when I compared the pictures. The softness isn'tparticularly noticeable to me - well worth $10.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:59 AM   #14

Encourageing, Roy! (How the h*ck do you spell that word, looks wrong to me)

I'll try to make this type of test with my biggie, if and when the weather and daylight permits.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 8:01 AM   #15

kjell, your days are probably getting very short about this tine. what is your shortest day during winter??

harriet, how to get rid of the fringing???
in PS , enlarge your image to about 1200% viewing an area with fringing. it'll be very pixelated.. go to >image>adjustments>hue/saturation and pick> magentas from the drop down under EDIT.. take the sampler dropper and clik on the darkest magenta you see. if it's not magenta as this was it will change the heading to Red2, whatever. then adjust theSaturation and Lightness sliders to get rid of the fringe. leave the Hue slider alone. a little pratice and it will not affect the overall image..

roy
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:14 PM   #16

robar wrote:
Quote:
kjell, your days are probably getting very short about this tine. what is your shortest day during winter??
Well. as I live in the extreme south of the country, I have the privilge of nearly seven hours of (faint) daylight even in December. But since the weather is often overcast, that little light is very uninspiring for a photoneard as me. In the north end of the country they have to do without any daylight at all for a mont or so. On the other hand, when it actually is sunny, and there is snow, the light is very special and attractive. For a short while... I leave home in darkness and return home in darkness, so there's only the weekends for outdoor photography. Then I do things like this instead:

The guitarist is Sweden's most acclaimed, he's been around for 35 years, was a studio musician on all the ABBA albums and toured with them, he's played with "everyone" (Thijs van Leer, Bob Marley e t c). Those of you in the US who are deep into jazz/rock fusion might even know about him, his name is Janne Schaffer and his group in the 70's was "Earmeal". The young man on piccola recorder is my son. And the photographer is one proud daddy. :|

Shot last tuesday at a concert Janne Schaffer made with local musicians in my little home town. Far from a good pic, and far from the best I got that evening. But unfortunately the best I got with The Star and my son.

Kjell, proud father

Attached Images

Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:35 PM   #17

thanks for a little history kjell.
i have heard of Mr Schaffer, he'd probably love the acoustics jam we go to once or twice a month.

roy
Old Nov 9, 2006, 7:51 PM   #18

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:

The guitarist is Sweden's most acclaimed, he's been around for 35 years, was a studio musician on all the ABBA albums and toured with them, he's played with "everyone" (Thijs van Leer, Bob Marley e t c). Those of you in the US who are deep into jazz/rock fusion might even know about him, his name is Janne Schaffer and his group in the 70's was "Earmeal".
:shock:What? More acclaimed than Yngwie Malmsteem? :shock:

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:00 PM   #19

tim,,

Yngwie Malmsteem????? sorry

roy
Old Nov 10, 2006, 12:25 AM   #20

Yngwie Malmsteen is a somewhat talented brat alcoholic, Janne Schaffer is a musician!

Kjell