Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:16 PM   #11

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Any more takers on this challenge?
I would but I am too drunk:-)

Sorry, I could not help it.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 12:25 AM   #12

I'm thinking about it. Got an idea but haven't done anything about it yet (I also have a cold and am not too enthusiastic about anything while I sniffle my way through a box of kleenex).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 12:12 PM   #13
TDN

I've got an idea but need the time to set it up. Wednesday is dynasty day in Belgium, and I've got a day off. Then I'll see if my idea works or not
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 12:17 PM   #14

Great shot Monza. I'm still in the brainstorming phase of this project. Haven't
come up with any interesting ideas yet..... *pounds head against wall*
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 3:11 PM   #15

Hi everyone, what's the rush, good stuff does not come instantly... Thanks for first inputs, for hesitators I can give two suggestions:

1. Optimistic one:

2. and pessimistic (do not try this at home :-) ):

Best and happy framing and brainstorming, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 4:54 PM   #16

How about an empty wine glass? I just can't keep it filled.:?
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:11 PM   #17

Dont Do Wine! If You ever do Beer, I have that Covered

BK/Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:50 PM   #18

I spent the morning trying my hand at this. I'm terrible when it comes to anything resembling still-lifes, but gave it a try anyway. I discovered that it isn't as easy as it looks, and little things sure make a difference.

By the time I gave up taking pictures, I was totally disgusted with myself - thought they were all horrible. When I saw them on the computer, the ones I thought I might prefer I didn't like at all, and the others weren't as bad as I had imagined they were going to be. It was an interesting exercise, and I'm glad I tried my hand at something I've never done before (that's the best part of this challenge - to expand my photo horizons).

This picture has a fault (DOF isn't quite as deep as it should be, blew the highlights) but in the end, I liked this one the best in spite of it. I don't have a studio setup, so I made do with natural light through a window and whatever I could find for backdrops and glasses. Since I don't drink, I used red wine vinegar and olive oilthen thoroughly enjoyed my salad when I finished taking pictures.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:05 PM   #19

Oops! Sorry for my bad English but when I initiated this thread I wrote:

It can cover everything related to wine (glass, grapes, lighting/shadows, vineyards etc.) as well as to other beverages- so everyone can shoot in-and-outdoors all around the clock- every input is appreciated- and freedom to move around on both hemispheres.

So I did not push any static shooting- because IMHO the glow of glass (OK I stated wine- but why not champagne, soda etc.?) spreads everywhere- on Your lunch-break, on the picnic etc. etc... My intention was to expand framing to the play of color/light/shadows/reflections... And IMHO "Glass of Wine" is the most fantastic object (OK, depending on quality of glass, liquid in it, lighting plus reflections... let us play, November is still on!)

Yeah, and I like the inputs- it is obvious that everyone has different approach- and this is SUPERB!

Best and hope I did not "push" this too much..., JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 9:54 PM   #20

Still very new to this whole dslr world. Finally getting the chance to play with the camera. I relate the comsumption of wine ( I prefer a nice dark beer instead ) with being able to relax and enjoy some good music. Still a little intimidated.Most of thepictures on this forum are excellent by any standards. It is great to have a place to call home for a new Pentax owner. Taken with my DL and Sigma 24-135 (finally working properly) lens.

Fred
Attached Images

Fred2726 is offline   Reply With Quote