Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 16, 2006, 9:15 PM   #21

Fred2726 wrote:
Quote:
Still very new to this whole dslr world. Finally getting the chance to play with the camera. I relate the comsumption of wine ( I prefer a nice dark beer instead ) with being able to relax and enjoy some good music. Still a little intimidated.Most of thepictures on this forum are excellent by any standards. It is great to have a place to call home for a new Pentax owner. Taken with my DL and Sigma 24-135 (finally working properly) lens.

Fred

Fred

I like your pict. This is the line I have also been exploring and I think this is almost the first in this forum: subject in the blurred out image .

I have seen a female member of Toronto photo group exploring this subject really really well. In this series , her focused area is the glass of wine but the subject is something else. Cool one

http://www.flickr.com/photos/airport...7594210064335/

She is not quite tech inclined and at a loss even when asked about the focal length of her lens. Butshe is a better photographer than me.

In her flicker somewhere, there were pict of a 1/8 page of USA today (Sep 06) just to give you an idea of the volume of internet traffic the series generated

Daniel

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:37 PM   #22

Daniel - This young lady is very talented and artistic. I'm afraid that if I tried that I wouldn't get this same affect. I think she has some very good ideas of what she wants to show and she has a great future as a photographer. It's almost like her pictures are morelike paintings then photographs- Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2006, 4:15 PM   #23

Reps wrote:
Quote:
It can cover everything related to wine (glass, grapes, lighting/shadows, vineyards etc.) as well as to other beverages

OK I stated wine- but why not champagne, soda etc.
Here's an "other beverage":

Pentax 50-200 @ 125mm, 1/125, F8. Direct sunlight, with circular polarizer.

--Brett
BrettTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2006, 10:28 PM   #24

Brett - I like it! I had thought about doing an abstract of the surface of coffee right after you add cream, before you stir it. The white cream often leaves interesting patterns, but opted to try the glass since that's really out of my normal "thing."

I'm surprised that no one has posted a frothy beer stein (or two or five)- they can be fun, too (or a dark ale).

Can I change my picture if I decide to try something else? Not that I will, just have had a number of ideas, but don't know if any of them would work.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2006, 4:39 AM   #25

if I knew we could do other drinks I'd something different. I hava a picture of whiskey glass (full of course, not for long though ) and ashtray with burning cigar, taken few years ago. I'd try it again.

greg
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2006, 4:48 AM   #26

Brett- thanks for Your input and encouraging the hesitants to look wider at given theme- great :-)
mtngal - Your post was the last one that made me to reconsider: although we stated that only 1 entry per poster I now change the rules (not very nice but we still have time...): multiple entries allowed. Why? Very simple: as our forum contests are just at the starting stage and we have to figure out the final rules yet. And OTOH winning is not an objective, greater value of these contests is possibility of everyone to post their BEST based on self-critique etc. And of course it is a great lesson of compsition, lighting, creativity etc. for every poster/reader can personally win of.

So keep on shooting and sharing, be the photographic spirit with You :-), JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2006, 5:53 PM   #27
TDN

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Can I change my picture if I decide to try something else? Not that I will, just have had a number of ideas, but don't know if any of them would work.
If you think it's better than the first one, I don't see why not Just edit your post above.

I'm still thinking about mine... might try something out tomorrow...

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 12:23 AM   #28

I've decided to edit my entry and post a different shot. This one is closer in theme I believe. Taken with my k100d and smc-f 50mm 1.7.

royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 8:43 AM   #29

This is an "in between",could not wait. Ihave an idea but I need something for it that's not in the shop, so I have to wait......

Took it with the kitlens, and the Sigma flash, resizing cropping and sharpening.

Richard.

Attached Images

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 5:47 PM   #30

My submission - my first try at 'stilllife' Critiques welcome!

mutty is offline   Reply With Quote