Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 12, 2006, 9:35 PM   #21

Nice pictures. Good thread.

I haven't seen snow very often since I live in the Phoenix area, but last year we had snow ( 3-5 inches or so) about 20 miles north of us. There was a traffic jam because of many people who had never seen snow in their life trying to get up there. It was like chaos and mayhem and I was in the middle of it, trying to get a few pictures....

I have planned to drive up to Sedona this winter, after they get some snow. Always wanted to take some pictures of those red rocks with a white cover on it.
HogRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:25 AM   #22

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Snow? I'm jealous! This week we've seen 90s near the ocean (supposed to be cooler there). Want to trade?
Haha, be careful what you wish for, you could end up with this:

MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:05 PM   #23

LOL! If it were JUST what you showed, I'd say "no big deal" or "what a great excuse to take a day off." However, you posted other shots that were very sobering.

And just to show you that SoCal can get some interesting weather, here's a picture I took in March with the DS, and I think the Kiron 80-200 lens (might have been with a 50mm 1.7 - I don't remember). If it weren't taken with a Sony F717, I'd love to post a picture from January, 2 years ago.

P.S. - This was taken within 6 miles straight-line of my house.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:52 PM   #24

Yeah, I know, But this is a typical suburban street, those trees don't usually droop that low. There are actually curbsand asphalt. No one wants that kind of weather, specially that early in the season. I like snow, but not when it knocks my power out for 8 days.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote