Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 10, 2006, 9:21 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 373
Default

I woke up to this (DA 18-55mm @ 23mm F8 ):


Compare that with this one from Wednesday (72F vs. 28F) taken with my new Sigma 18-125mm @23mm F11:



Now, where is that sealed body when you need it :-)
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:15 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
mtngal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Frazier Park, CA
Posts: 16,056
Default

Snow? I'm jealous! This week we've seen 90s near the ocean (supposed to be cooler there). Want to trade?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:19 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
ennacac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,198
Default

No snow here in Wisconsin just north east of Minneapolis, which is just fine with me.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:21 AM   #4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

bummer,,, 85f here yesterday.

roy
  Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 10:27 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 373
Default

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Snow? I'm jealous! This week we've seen 90s near the ocean (supposed to be cooler there). Want to trade?
Here it is fun 'till January, then I would trade with you:-)

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
No snow here in Wisconsin just north east of Minneapolis, which is just fine with me. Tom
Don't worry, you will get your share soon:-)

DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:27 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
royce10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,869
Default

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Brings back memories when I use to live in NY. I remember one day I was rollerblading in central park in shorts and the next day it was snowing like this. Quite an abrupt change in weather. Anyways, I like your 2nd shot with the sigma. Very crisp and good lighting. Looks like a new house judging from your patio and the surrounding houses. Congrats.

The snow pic looks like it needs some white balance adjustment. Snow can be hard to photograph because often the camera will turn it into a shade of gray. I don't have much experience photographing snow (I live in southern CA). Anyways, hope to see more your of snow pics in the near future. Stay warm!
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:35 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Black Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oxford, CT
Posts: 1,309
Default

Not the pictures I needed to see. Here in CT we have had no snow YET. Buts its only a matter of Time. !!
Great Shots anyway


BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:40 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 284
Default

robar wrote:
Quote:
bummer,,, 85f here yesterday.

roy
yeah it might be snowing here in MN today (well, we don't have any accumulation in the twin cities really, its to the south) but 2 days ago it was 75 degrees out, welcome to MN!!!!!

the more i look at the k10d, the more i want it! i'm going scowering retailers next thursday at midnight (probably walmart, its 24hrs) to find a ps3. then if i can scare one up i'm selling it on ebay. i should be able to clear enough to get the k10d, i'm sure they'll be going for $2K by the time everyone realizes they can't get them anywhere.
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:47 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 373
Default

royce10 wrote:
Quote:
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Brings back memories when I use to live in NY. I remember one day I was rollerblading in central park in shorts and the next day it was snowing like this. Quite an abrupt change in weather. Anyways, I like your 2nd shot with the sigma. Very crisp and good lighting. Looks like a new house judging from your patio and the surrounding houses. Congrats.

The snow pic looks like it needs some white balance adjustment. Snow can be hard to photograph because often the camera will turn it into a shade of gray. I don't have much experience photographing snow (I live in southern CA). Anyways, hope to see more your of snow pics in the near future. Stay warm!
I took the first one on a whim (crazy time in the morning with the kids being uber-excited). I will definetly need to work on the white balancing and see what works.

And get a cover of sorts for the camera/lens. One reason Santa thinks of a Pentax W20 for Mrs. Santa this year :-) That and the fact that when handing it over to her I need to switch to Auto and fiddle with the menus (once I managed to set it on Bulb for her and she was not happy with the results, to say at least).

The Sigma is a longer replacement for the shorter DA 18-55mm. Nothing more.
I am shocked at the almost non-existent difference in frame size when moving from 100mm to 125mm.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 11:50 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
bilybianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hassleholm, Sweden
Posts: 3,435
Default

DigitalAddict wrote:
Quote:
I woke up to this
Well, what can I say. My thoughts are with you.

Kjell, the sunlover. (I don't hate snow, it just makes me so ... tired...:yawn


bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:37 PM.