Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 12, 2006, 6:56 PM   #1

i went to one of the drive thru parks today. had a giraffe head in the jeep once. a zebras also. lots of antelope, raindeer, wildebeast, etc. took about 130 shots. the reason i haven't posted any is because i am so disappointed in the images. i shot everything with the A70-210 which we all know to be a very sharp lens.i learned a lesson today. if you go to one of these parks where you can not leave your car.
BE SURE YOU TURN THE ENGINE OFF WHEN SHOOTING!!!!

i was using the window opening as a brace. consequently the vibration of the idling engine is transfered to you and your cam. hopefully i can salvage some of these but it'll have to be later.

roy

Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:15 PM   #2

Man that's too bad. I bet you thought ofthe K100D/K10D SR system more than once since. I am right?
HogRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 10:17 PM   #3

si, si!!
i'm really upset about the whole series..

roy
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:02 PM   #4

Hi Roy,

What a disappointment! I was looking forward to seeing the giraffe macro.

With my mobility problems this summer, I pretty much had to shoot from the car most of the time. Because I had to jockey the car a lot to get position, I usually left it running, but when the light got lower, and shutter speeds slower, I would turn it off just in case. I also rarely used the window opening to brace -- usually supported my left arm on the padded armrest, so this might have dampened the idle vibration some.

Scott

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:37 PM   #5

Roy

I feel your pain. I have noticed lately that my shooting with my 70-300 Is getting real bad. I had a Lot of blurry pixs from my last trip to the car races.
Thats Why I am So hot to Get the K10D. I have Even given some thought To getting just a K100d Body, until the K10D has been out For a while and Has had any bugs worked out.

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 11:39 PM   #6

robar wrote:
Quote:
i went to one of the drive thru parks today. had a giraffe head in the jeep once. a zebras also. lots of antelope, raindeer, wildebeast, etc. took about 130 shots. the reason i haven't posted any is because i am so disappointed in the images. i shot everything with the A70-210 which we all know to be a very sharp lens.*i learned a lesson today. if you go to one of these parks where you can not leave your car.
BE SURE YOU TURN THE ENGINE OFF WHEN SHOOTING!!!!

i was using the window opening as a brace. consequently the vibration of the idling engine is transfered to you and your cam. hopefully i can salvage some of these but it'll have to be later.

roy
I recall this and the funniest test on S R I have found so far to see if your SR/IS/VR works or not

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=19647176

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 1:43 AM   #7

Roy,

Did the same thing in a boat this summer, got extremely close to some water birds, took lots of not so sharp images because of the motor on the boats vibration-Live And Learn!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:21 AM   #8

well i guess i'm not in the same ''boat''..

roy
Old Nov 13, 2006, 8:52 AM   #9

ROTFLMAO

robar wrote:
Quote:
well i guess i'm not in the same ''boat''..

roy
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 9:43 AM   #10

they did not all come out bad.
Attached Images