Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 12, 2006, 6:55 PM   #1

Last night during a shoot I noticed that "sometimes" the instant LCD preview did not appear after the shot. No rhyme nor reason, just whenever. The pic was always recorded, just not previewed. I was shooting in RAW for what that is worth.

Anyone experience a similar problem?
PentaxDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2006, 6:59 PM   #2

were you shooting in continuous mode or did you take the next pic before the 1st one was written to the card??
100-1 that's the prob.

roy
Old Nov 12, 2006, 7:08 PM   #3

Single shot mode, I am talking about the preview not appearing after the shot sometimes, I see what you are saying, butthere was no rapid firing, just wasn't there after the pic.

Guess I am missing something!
Old Nov 12, 2006, 9:10 PM   #4

What is youinstant reviewtime set at? Some image appear quicker on the LCD than others. Larger Images with lots of detail and images with longer exposure times take longer to be written to card and appear a little later. Yesterday I took some shots when it was almost dark, but with rather short exposure time. I couldn't even move the camera away from my face quick enough to see the preview - all i saw was the LCD lighting up while I was still looking through the viewfinder.

Are you sure you didn't just miss them because they disappeared too quickly? My instant review is set to 1 sec.
HogRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2006, 9:20 PM   #5

iface the same/almost similar caseand i thought i'vegot a bad shot...my preview will go 'black' with the shotnumber at the corner. Are you having that as well? Even when i scroll back, its still a 'blank black' pic. i always delete it, and shrugged it off, thinking its my problem rather than the camera...

apart from that there are also times when i release the shutter, it'll take the shot with a 'slap' sound...followed by a 'wheezing' sound and another 'slap'. Other times, it'll be a quick 'slap-slap' and the picture is taken. Would you guys know what might contribute to the first scenario?

ryan
ryanmkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 12:14 PM   #6

ryanmkk wrote:
Quote:
iface the same/almost similar caseand i thought i'vegot a bad shot...my preview will go 'black' with the shotnumber at the corner. Are you having that as well? Even when i scroll back, its still a 'blank black' pic. i always delete it, and shrugged it off, thinking its my problem rather than the camera...

apart from that there are also times when i release the shutter, it'll take the shot with a 'slap' sound...followed by a 'wheezing' sound and another 'slap'. Other times, it'll be a quick 'slap-slap' and the picture is taken. Would you guys know what might contribute to the first scenario?

ryan
No, just no pic, no shot number, nothing. Don't notice a "slap" sound.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:22 PM   #7

My camera is also set to the default 1 sec review. For most shots I never get the viewfinder down in time to see the review on the LCD, but sometimes it takes a bit longer and it is there. That would be my guess.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote