Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:54 AM   #1

Some how even though I was wishing it wouldn't happen this year like it has every other year, it snowed last night.

Today it is overcast, wet and pretty uncomfortable outside. The otherwise cheerful garden is now looking like it will until next March, all cold and forlorn.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:56 AM   #2

going to be cold here also.--68f brrrrr
Old Nov 13, 2006, 12:09 PM   #3

Yup, us too. The foothills all around us are covered in white this morning. Tis the season. The good news is hunting season is over and theDeer, Elkand Big HornSheep will now move down out of the high country to the feeding stations and make for some good photo oppurtunitues. There wild, but not so wild- Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 1:32 PM   #4

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
all cold and forlorn.
Why does she look so merry?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 3:02 PM   #5

Seems OK for me- we here have three months of not so good skiing weather during the year :-) and 9 months waiting for change :-(

Best and thanks for sharing, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 3:07 PM   #6

While i dont have the Snow yet!! By The weekend we are looking for the mid 40's. Just think Saturday it was a Balmy 70.

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:14 PM   #7

She's lovely covered in snow. We had frost Saturday but it warmed up again Sunday. Today is in-between and they are talking about ho-hum weather for the week, highs in the 60s up where I live, warmer than that at work. I'm hoping we'll see a dusting or two in December, though we don't usually get snow until January.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 6:45 PM   #8

Hey Tom, send it on down south...at least to the St. Louis area! For once, i'm actually looking forward to it! Just wish it could happen before this Saturday when I try to go deer huntin...even though my knee is still messed up (surgery in a month). There is just nothing like being in the woods when there is snow on the ground. It can 4:00 in the morning but it might look like it's noon (with the right moon). It is so surreal & seems like you can see for miles & see things that you wouldn't notice normally.

Stay warm, Tom!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 9:23 PM   #9

It always amazed me just how cold it got just as the sun came up during deer season, when the moonlight turned into sunlight. It was always a great experience, with the extreme quiet and the great beauty of the woods, being away from civilization for a few days.

The snow takes a dark, drab view and turns into something really special, no matter if you are hunting or not.

I just don't like to clear my 1/4 mile driveway!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote