Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 4, 2006, 1:08 PM   #31

re Sigma 70-300, It took longer from Miami to home than it took from B-H to Miami. About 300 blocks. Arrived 5 after 7 P the next looooooong day.

Then I come up against a big design flaw. With the lens on the camera, I can't get my fingers on the "A" button to switch to manual.

Need smaller fingers or get off the A setting before I put the lens on the body.

Actually, the only thing I find fault with is the hard to move Macro switch. Was money well spent, IMHO...

And a Merry Pentax Christmas to one and all as I head north in search of snow Thursday.

Nick

flabuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2006, 1:09 PM   #32

And a Merry Pentax Christmas to one and all as I head north in search of snow, a house or a new barnThursday.

Nick

flabuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2006, 8:26 AM   #33

flabuckeye wrote:
Quote:
re Sigma 70-300, It took longer from Miami to home than it took from B-H to Miami. About 300 blocks. Arrived 5 after 7 P the next looooooong day.

Then I come up against a big design flaw. With the lens on the camera, I can't get my fingers on the "A" button to switch to manual.

Need smaller fingers or get off the A setting before I put the lens on the body.

Actually, the only thing I find fault with is the hard to move Macro switch. Was money well spent, IMHO...

And a Merry Pentax Christmas to one and all as I head north in search of snow Thursday.

Nick

I too sometimes found the 'A' button is impossible to reach for most lens mounted. However, I don't really found any need to move the lens off 'A' position at all. That's what Av mode all about. Actually, with the cripled KAF mount in Pentax dSLRs, the camera can't read your aperture ring position to dertermine the correct metering at all (since the lens is always metered at wide open unless you manually meter it in M mode). I guess that's why Pentax designed the body this way to discurage your from using aperture ring.
Foxbat121 is offline   Reply With Quote