Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:47 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 25
Default

I was at AdenCamera (the Pacific Mall Location) and asked if they're taking pre-orders on this camera and guy told me that they have it! He said he could have it to me the next day! Needless to say, I was excited but didn't order it. He said that he's getting 2 tomorrow in stock, so I might just go in and check it out!

They don't have it listed on their site (www.adencamera.com) but he said they have it. Doesn't surprise me since those of you who have been to Pacific Mall, that the mall could be shady plus they always have some sort of connection. The thing about Aden Camera is that their downtown Toronto store is pretty reputable.


I will report back!
jmack100d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:39 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
danielchtong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,890
Default

jmack100d wrote:
Quote:
I was at AdenCamera (the Pacific Mall Location) and asked if they're taking pre-orders on this camera and guy told me that they have it! He said he could have it to me the next day! Needless to say, I was excited but didn't order it. He said that he's getting 2 tomorrow in stock, so I might just go in and check it out!

They don't have it listed on their site (http://www.adencamera.com) but he said they have it. Doesn't surprise me since those of you who have been to Pacific Mall, that the mall could be shady plus they always have some sort of connection. The thing about Aden Camera is that their downtown Toronto store is pretty reputable.


I will report back!
Nah.

He (at that mall) has hardly any Pentax stuff. He probably thought you were referring to K100D which he carries.
I was there Sunday. But I did not bother to ask as I spent the money on K100D already.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:51 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 284
Default

ahhhh, the good old pacific mall. i heard that place got raided recently for pirated merchandise. if they've got the k10d, good chance it falls under that category, or somewhere close! if Amazon.com pushed their ship date back to January 15th, 2007, i highly doubt it would be available at the pacific mall, of all places.
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2006, 12:55 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 25
Default

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nah.

He (at that mall) has hardly any Pentax stuff. He probably thought you were referring to K100D which he carries.
I was there Sunday. But I did not bother to ask as I spent the money on K100D already.

Daniel
Daniel, I thought the very same thing. I clarified with him twice! He said yes, the K10D. He said he knew the difference. He did have the K100D and K110D in stock he said not these ones but the K10D, the 10mp one right! So yeah, he wasn't referring to the K100D.

We'll see tomorrow!
jmack100d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 2:15 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 76
Default

milrodpxpx wrote:
Quote:
ahhhh, the good old pacific mall. i heard that place got raided recently for pirated merchandise. if they've got the k10d, good chance it falls under that category, or somewhere close! if Amazon.com pushed their ship date back to January 15th, 2007, i highly doubt it would be available at the pacific mall, of all places.
Hey, as a fellow canuk i'd be interested in this fellow's claim too. please let us know whether you followed up on this. As for their website, they list the k100d with lenses at $799 CAD( at a savings of $190), and the k100d with a single 18-50mm lens at $849 CAD?? Could you ask them how this makes sense? just curious as i'm always looking for another dependable store in canada that gives good deals and holds true to their word
ardigitalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 6:11 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
thekman620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,084
Default

I queried Pentax Canada last week and asked them for a release date-they said early December in their reply. I'd be more apt to believe them than a camera shop that doesn't have one, but says they can get it....cheers........Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:04 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 25
Default

Guess what guys! He didn't have it in stock. I went during my lunch hour today. Doesn't surprise me.

Oh and the 2 lens kit being on sale is really true. He said that they have piles of the dual lens kit package that aren't selling. They're trying to push the 2 lens kit out of they're inventory. Pretty good deal. That how much I paid for my kit.
jmack100d is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:39 PM.