Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 15, 2006, 8:15 AM   #1

The K10D is available at BuyDig.com. Not a preorder but available. At least this is what the web page says. Think its true?

http://www.buydig.com/shop/searchresults.aspx?pti=3014&kwd=&mnm=Penta x&cti=3014&apr=&zpr=&refineSearch. x=57&refineSearch.y=11
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2006, 9:32 AM   #2

Sorry, but under "Availability" it says: "PRE-ORDER WILL SHIP BY NOV 3OTH."

Lou
derbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 10:03 AM   #3

I didn't go to that page, my mistake.

Thanks
rritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:21 PM   #4

I always hear really really bad things about that website
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:29 PM   #5

BuyDig is Beach Camera's on line site and I have never had any bad experiances with them, although others may have.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 1:55 PM   #6

I bought things in the past (2-3 years) from them and it was just fine. They would eventually want you to call so they can try sell you accessories but upon declining it should go smooth.
One of the items was a $2K Canon GL2 camcorder (saved about $250 with them).

DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 7:11 PM   #7

I originally ordered the DA 50-200 lens from them, about3 days before the first rebate ran out. It showed in stock at the moment I ordered it, but their policy is to process within 24 hours. By the next day I hadn't received an email from them, so checked their inventory status - it wasn't even listed on-line! I emailed them asking for the status of my order, if by any chance it had gotten processed before they ran out. They answered within their 24 hour response time saying my order was on back-order. I didn't want to wait since I figured they wouldn't get their stock in before the rebate ran out, so I emailed them again to cancel the order. I received a confirmation of the cancellation within a few hours and they never charged my credit card. Even though I didn't receive what I ordered, I was pleased with their response and wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

As an aside, as soon as I got the cancellation from buydig, I ordered from B&H, who still had some in stock, and got it right away (making 3 cameras and 1 lens that I've gotten from them), within the timeframe needed to qualify for the rebate (I didn't have to worry, Pentax exended the rebate anyway).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2006, 7:57 PM   #8

Similar here: ordered Pentax *ist DL and two days later I wake up to the news of K100D. Lucky enough they were out of it so I called to cancel the order and actually thank them:-)
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote