Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 15, 2006, 11:37 PM   #1

Been thinking about the Japanese "delay" of the K10 and my belief that it will never appear (officially) until it is first offered in Japan...
So to have some fun with it I just want to start a prediction thread. This is when and what country that the first "reports" of sales will appear...
My prediction:
Japan. Nov 24th (There Nov 24th )
Takes a leap of faith to assume it will be early.

oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 16, 2006, 1:22 AM   #2

December 12th, you pick the year
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 7:32 AM   #3

I think it can be out anytime soon...
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 9:02 AM   #4

Usually when something is delayed, it's not a short delay. I'm guessing if it makes it out this year at all, it'll be in time to squeeze in some Christmas sales.

Will there be an announcement when it's "available" or will stores just suddenly start saying "in stock"? If/when pentax tells us it's available, it'll still take a week or so before stores can stock it.
pwithem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 3:43 PM   #5

Available by Dec. 1st. If not, Pentax will lose major sales as those who aren't currently Pentaxians will jump ship to one of the other brands.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 6:57 PM   #6

My shop still claims the Pentax Rep says by the end of the month it will be in his shop for sale and I am first on the list!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 9:19 PM   #7

A posting on dpreview.........if true, then any day now!!!!!WOOHOO

pasted message below;.........................

I just had my phone call returned by Jason, Pentax photo rep (only waited a few minutes after leaving message on his voice mail in Golden Co!) Sounds like a v.nice chap.
First for general news, pentax started shipping K10d's yesterday - worldwide.

Secondly I asked if he was going to be at the photo show in La Jolla CA at the Fairgrounds, Nov 18th and 19th... he will be there with a working model of the K10d, but only with version 0.20 firmware in his camera at this point. he says its a functioning version but not with latest firmware, but we can test it out for alot of its functions. He will also have some lenses, but did not say which ones.

He said that version 1.02 or 1.36 or something will be available for the new cameras when they come out.
So stay tuned boys and girls!

Nic
waynespixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2006, 7:05 AM   #8

Quote:

A posting on dpreview.........if true, then any day now!!!!!WOOHOO

pasted message below;.........................

I just had my phone call returned by Jason, Pentax photo rep (only waited a few minutes after leaving message on his voice mail in Golden Co!) Sounds like a v.nice chap.
First for general news, pentax started shipping K10d's yesterday - worldwide.

Secondly I asked if he was going to be at the photo show in La Jolla CA at the Fairgrounds, Nov 18th and 19th... he will be there with a working model of the K10d, but only with version 0.20 firmware in his camera at this point. he says its a functioning version but not with latest firmware, but we can test it out for alot of its functions. He will also have some lenses, but did not say which ones.

He said that version 1.02 or 1.36 or something will be available for the new cameras when they come out.
So stay tuned boys and girls!

Nic

That is VERY GREAT NEWS INDEED!!!

Thanks for informing!!! P.S., I believe the PENTAX K10D will start selling before any official review of it comes out! :blah:
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2006, 9:02 AM   #9

Photo show in La Jolla? Hmmmm - La Jolla is a lovely location any day, is this an excuse for a day trip south? Is it an open to the publicshow? I thought the fairgrounds were in Del Mar? Or do I have it all wrong?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2006, 9:12 AM   #10
TDN

anyone want to lend me a buck or two? lol

For all those that are going to get one, post pics & experiences as soon as you can
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote