Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:43 PM   #11

for an eight shot pano, i think it's pretty good.

roy
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:06 PM   #12

Thanks - I have been looking for this and it fixed a number of the Pans I have taken....

[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Gordon/Desktop/Cabo%20Pan%20Fixed%2090.jpg[/img]
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 9:58 PM   #13

Thanks for the comments.

I believe I have figured out some of the issues with the panorama. The photos were taken free hand. This resulted in the horizontal plane of rotation not being constant. Also, my point of rotation about the vertical axis didn't stay in one location. These two factors resulted in common elements between two photos not lining up properly and consequently some of the stitched areas being more pronounced. I tried remaking the panorama with Photostitch and Autostitch. The one on the forum is about as good as I got. Autostitch would not stitch all 8 photos and had some obvious stitch areas showing. This wasn't a software issue, but rather the alignment issue from the original photos I described above. Autostich worked pretty well on the areas where there weren't the alignment issues and I would recommend anyone wanting to try panoramas give it a try.

For a first time try, I believe I had a lot of luck getting it to turn out at all. I am glad it did , cause the woods were really fantastic this fall and this panorama will be a reminder in years to come.

Next attempt at a panorama will be done with a tripod.

Jim

JimInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 8:41 AM   #14

to do this correctly you really need a pano tripod head. browse this site for info. google panorama parallax for more info. i made a rough head from aluminum and stuff i had laying around.
http://gregwired.com/pano/Pano.htm

roy