Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 19, 2006, 2:53 AM   #1

I got myself a PENTAX-A 28-80mm f3.5-4.5 Zoom + MACRO (10 euro) on ebay for portraits I thought and I like to try the macro function. (Can sell it lokal for the same or more if I do not like it.) The same guy also offers a SMC PENTAX-F 35-70mm f3.5-4.5 Zoom + MACRO + DSLR butit's price is rising (already 20 euro's) quite fast it's in mint condition, so is it worth bidding let's say 40 euro's ? of 60 ?

I'm having this LBA, but I have now knowledge of how much it is worth really.

Thanks in advance,

Richard. (Still thinking about my contribution to the contest.)

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2006, 3:07 AM   #2

google it
Old Nov 19, 2006, 4:05 AM   #3

hey ritro...

Coincidentally I just sold my Pentax-A 28-80mm on ebay for around 6 euros (but I'm in Australia, so I dont think I sold it to you), so let me give you my honest opinon abt this lens....

To be honest I dont think its the best of Pentax lenses. Firstly, its not SMC coated. from appearance it looks identical to the re-released, non coated budget takumar K mount 28-80. you will have more info googling the 28-80 Takumar than the Pentax-A 28-80 (I have already tried). secondly unlike most Pentax lenses, the pentax A 28-80mm is made in Taiwan, not Japan! the main gripe I have with it is that despite a manual focus lens, the focus ring is very loose.

the macro is okay, somewhere along the lines of a 1:4 repro ratio.

I have a film camera and find the focal range to be useful since 28 is wide angle. on my K100D, I have no use for this lens. the 18-50 kit and 70-210 tele and a few primes dotted along the way more than covers my range.

All up I paid $59AUD for it (I was naive when I started out), and sold it for $12AUD (ie 6 eur). I think thats about a fair price for it...

sho33y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 5:58 AM   #4

Thanks,

Well i bought it so I give it a try. Found one on the internet -not ebay- for almost50 euro's so I won't lose much on it if I want to sell it.

Won't bet more money on the SMC PENTAX-F 35-70mm f3.5-4.5 Zoom + MACRO + DSLR so my LBA get's cured fast.

Richard.

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote