Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:35 AM   #31

Quote:

Looking at the D80, K10D and maybe Canon, but so far the K10D seems to be at the top with dust reduction, shake reduction, sealing and metal frame.

Just to clarify that most entry level dSLR cameras also have a metal chassis or frame. (Either stainless steel or magnesium alloy)

The Nikon D80 also have a metal frame, but I am not sure about the Canon Rebel series...
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:26 AM   #32

Hi All,

I will wait for about 6 months to a year. This way all the bugs and problems will be worked out. And maybe Cheaper price also....:G

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 1:09 PM   #33

I am looking at seriously upgrading to the K10D. There are a multitude of reasons. I have two other Pentax SLR's, going back 20 years. So, of course the K lens adaptability is of importance.

However, I have read at least two reviews on the camera already and they are all favourable, in some case over what I considered to be the nearest contender - Nikon D80. The superior shake reduction combined with features I tried out with a iST D (didn't have the PZ feature for my PZ-1 lenses) are definitely pointing me in this direction. There is the additional bonus of the pricing being somewhat reasonable for these cameras. Also, I am glad they actually include a battery with it.

Know anyone interested in a Super Program? Will include the 50mm lens and body case for it. :roll:

Rob D.
rad_ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 3:49 PM   #34

Welcome to the forum, Rob. What 50 mm lens is it you are prepared to give up? I'd say keep your Super Program, it's a really good camera and I'm sure you have lots of memories when you look at it. And it won't bring in as much as it is worth anyway. You can show it to the grandchildren and tell them about "the film days". What lenses do you have to go with the K10D?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 3:59 PM   #35

Kjell is probably right - the film camera might come in handy at some time if you want to shoot film in the future. If your 50mm is a 1.4 or a 1.7, it would bring more on its own than sold as part of the camera.

Out of curiosity, why are you selling the 50mm? I'm going to be selling an M 50mm 1.4 (if I ever get my act together) but only because I'm keeping my M 50mm 1.7 and I really don't need both lenses. I use one or the other of them quite often now.

Oh, and I am eating my words posted earlier in this thread. I kept saying I wasn't going to upgrade to the K10, but I did. And the more I use it, the more I like it.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 4:13 PM   #36
TDN

I've just started to experiment and enjoy my DL for a few months now, so I'll stick with that for a while

With the new macro lens I have a lot to learn before I really need an upgrade...

Maybe in a year or so, if my DL seems "limited" as I learn a thing or two more about photography, I'll see if a K10D or it's successor fits in my budget

this reminds me we should make a "holiday wishlist" thread to make eachother jealous...lol:lol:
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2006, 10:23 PM   #37

I'm glad this thread got revisited. I've been thinking a little bit about this subject myself... OK I lie. I've been thinking a lot about this subject. LOL.

Even though I've just had the DS a couple of months and I'm not sorry one bit that I bought it, I will probably go for the k10 sometime next year. I'm interested in 10mp for crop. The weather seal is very appealing. (NOT TO MENTION SR)

Bev
Maw Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 8:20 AM   #38

Hello All,

Kjell - I am looking at selling the Super Program, because I also have a PZ-1 and I don't feel I need both film cameras. Carrying around two at a time is enough.

Everyone else - I have to go and look at what the 50mm I am talking about is exactly and get back to you all. I have a 28mm I might also consider selling. The 50mm is the Pentax lens the Super Program came with. The 28mm in a Tamara and I will return with the exact specs on that one as well. I hesitate with that one right now, cause the new Pentax DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5ED lense looks like it will be around $450- ! - ouch.

I seen a couple of Super Programs go for over the $100 mark on eBay, so I know I can get something for it.

I do have one question about the K10D someone here may be able to answer - Does the K10D have Power Zoom functionality? I have a PZ lens with my PZ-1 and it is useful.

Thanks,

Rob D. :roll:
Old Dec 12, 2006, 9:05 AM   #39

rad_ent wrote:
Quote:
I do have one question about the K10D someone here may be able to answer - Does the K10D have Power Zoom functionality? I have a PZ lens with my PZ-1 and it is useful.
K10 does, the other Pentax dSLRs do not. Lucky you with your power zoom lens - I've ignored them (not having a camera that supported it) but now that I have the K10, my thoughts are going that direction.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 9:24 AM   #40

Hey Thanks!

I couldn't find that information anywhere. The PZ lens is good in that with the turn of a dial it will zoom - kinda helps to prevent shake when making that adjustment. Also good in that it will zoom when taking photos - makes some good special effect photos..

The K10D just hit the stores here today, I think I will drop in after work and see if I can pick up just the body.

Thanks again,

Rob D.