Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 12, 2006, 10:37 AM   #41

Hi..

It's not really an upgrade. I had a Fuji Finepix 7000 but wanted to go back (used to have a Pentax ME super years ago) to SLR, I have been going through the digital compacts for a few years now without being saisfied with my results.

I looked at the Canon 400D and the Pentax 100D, I almost went for the 100D when the local camera shop told me about the K10D, after much investigation that did it. Especially the shake reduction feature.

I have been waiting now since end of October.

Good luck with your choice

Poul
Poul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2006, 8:05 AM   #42

We will see how good the K10D is. I got one yesterday - last one at the store! I hear that a lot of camera stores are backfilling orders here.

Unfortunately, I will have to wait until Dec 25th to use it - its a partial gift.

Good luck to everyone else,

Rob D.
rad_ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2006, 9:02 AM   #43

rad_ent wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately, I will have to wait until Dec 25th to use it - its a partial gift.
You know, there's always a limited return policy at most stores. And with anything electronic, there's always the possibility that something might not work right. So wouldn't it be REALLY important to at least try it out to make sure everything is working before waiting a couple of weeks? I mean, there might be something wrong, and you'd want to know about it right away, right? Well, that's what I used with my hubby to justify taking some pictures with the K10 that he originally wanted to wrap and put away for Christmas!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2006, 11:57 PM   #44

I wont be.
I could have bought either the K10D or the K100D, but I could not justify the extra 50% in price and also the extra weight put me off, the K10D is to heavy for me.
Now I must admit, I am so happy I bought the K100D, I love it.

Rodney.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 9:45 AM   #45

I already have upgraded to the K10D from the istDS. Wanted the SR, sensor self cleaning and weather sealing as well at 10Mg. Love the new camera!!!! Much better on exposure..the DS was always underexposed and the K10 is right on! Enjoy the controls on outside of body..they are great and easy to learn. Camera is very well balanced. Glad Pentax is back!!!
whbroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:33 AM   #46

rad_ent wrote:
Quote:
You know, there's always a limited return policy at most stores. And with anything electronic, there's always the possibility that something might not work right. So wouldn't it be REALLY important to at least try it out to make sure everything is working before waiting a couple of weeks? I mean, there might be something wrong, and you'd want to know about it right away, right? Well, that's what I used with my hubby to justify taking some pictures with the K10 that he originally wanted to wrap and put away for Christmas!

Not a problem, the store honors their return policy Starting December 25th.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:52 PM   #47

rad_ent wrote:
Quote:
Not a problem, the store honors their return policy Starting December 25th.
LOL! Well, you can's say I didn't try to get the camera in your hands sooner, can you? Did you at least keep the owners manual out so you could study it before getting the camera? Don't know if that would make things better or worse as far as anticipation goes.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 2:29 PM   #48

Since I just got my "new" DS ("Nudge, nudge, wink, wink" Harriet), it will be about another 18 months to two years before I take the plunge. Everything I read about the K10D makes me more certain that this camera, or its next incarnation, will be my next camera purchase.

I now have a black DS and a silver DL so I have the two main *istD models with the two available colours, it certainly looks cool.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2006, 4:34 PM   #49

All I can say is that the postal service certainly took their time - my fingernails are down to the quick! Have fun with your "new" DS.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 8:23 AM   #50

Quote:
LOL! Well, you can's say I didn't try to get the camera in your hands sooner, can you? Did you at least keep the owners manual out so you could study it before getting the camera? Don't know if that would make things better or worse as far as anticipation goes.
No, didn't keep the manual out, I can always download the PDF though.