Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 19, 2006, 4:07 PM   #1

Our local on-line auction site has a Pentax SMC F4.5 500mm K Mount, fortunately I think it is out of my budget at about $700.
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2006, 4:21 PM   #2

Don't you have any first born or mother to sell?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 6:42 PM   #3

i had a sister.. hope she's doing ok............
the last one on the bay went for $302usd.. think there are 2 right now. this is a hard lens to tote and shot but the results are inspiring.. whole different technique using it. you will also have to have a fairly decent tripod..

roy
Old Nov 19, 2006, 7:35 PM   #4

I think I can resist the temptation for just a little longer. The local one though much more expensive does appear to be in better condition than those ebay examples. I have never tried to buy on ebay from New Zealand and I am not sure of the complications.

Meanwhile, I am trying to recover my 600mm f1:8Vivitar M42. It was really cheap to buy but restoring the lens that had been damaged by fungus and bad cleaning attempts will be a bit spendy.

A local junk shop had a rather hunky but junky looking 'Panagor' tripod that I took home for almost nothing because all the plastic bits that lock the leg extensions were broken, fortunately I have a good effective (but not really cosmetic) repair technique for them. Now that I have a really sturdy and quite heavy tripod I have been discovering the joys of them when used with a long lens, so far limited to 450mm.

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 9:20 PM   #5

I'm glad I'm not the only one with LBA. LOL Ebay had a nice variable Zoom 400-600mm f/8-f/12 mirror lens up for bid(Pentax of course) Got my $200 bid in then watched as it disappeared over my pocketbook's horizon!! Oh Well!! Sigh........... I think it finally went for over $250. If I can just get the wife to bump up my ceiling a little some of these could fall in my lap!!! Sigh..... I gotta go to Ebay and get a fix......

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:07 PM   #6

HogRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:25 AM   #7

robar wrote:
Quote:
i had a sister.. hope she's doing ok............
the last one on the bay went for $302usd.. think there are 2 right now. this is a hard lens to tote and shot but the results are inspiring.. whole different technique using it. you will also have to have a fairly decent tripod..

roy

If your other 2 sisters sell, you'll be able to buy the lens :lol:
713alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:17 AM   #8

Kind of related with LBA and heavy lenses: did any of you use a monopod with heavy lenses as this one? What is your personal experience with them?

I just got a Pentax-A 70-210mm F4 from eBay and from playing with it last night, there is no way I can handhold it for long periods of time. It should probably balance better on the bigger/heavier K10D body than my K100D.

I know some here have this particular lens.

Thanks.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:11 PM   #9

713alan wrote:
Quote:
If your other 2 sisters sell, you'll be able to buy the lens :lol:
i've got mine.. an older one just ended on eekbay. no bidders at $295. was a pretty good deal.

roy
Old Nov 28, 2006, 4:22 PM   #10
TDN

"Shine your boots for a dollar sir?"

That's how I support my LBA

If it gets worse I might have to start whoring myself out to beautiful women... as a matter of fact...I think I'll start doing that right away...

lol:lol:
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote