Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 21, 2006, 5:16 PM   #21

looks nice. how about some shots from the kit lens?? few here have * lenses.

roy
Old Nov 21, 2006, 5:19 PM   #22

I will see if I can find it!

Not the kit lens, but birds ice skating a long way off!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 7:43 PM   #23
TDN

well the colors seem more natural by default than with the ist series, or did you tweak them already?

Also the pics look very sharp, but I guess that's the lens working

congrats on the new toy! (...you lucky bastard...lol)

TDN
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 9:00 PM   #24

Congrats, Tom!

So, let's wait for more (even) better photos from you with your new (much) better camera body!

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
With the way our politics are going, that isn't as far fetched as it seem at first glance.

I won't bother the list with any impressions of the K10D and I will keep posting only images from my DS just to keep others from being bored with more K10D stuff, even though I will actually have it in hand.

Pick it up tonight, charge the battery and read through the book and if the creek don't rise and the sun keeps shining, I may be forced to post some images even though I promised not to!

Tom
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 12:06 AM   #25

Thanks, much to my surprise, there is a learning curve to get the K10D to work the way my trusty DS does, but I am making progress.

I have the K10D set for natural instead of the bright mode my DS was set for and I am using the Hyper-Program mode, which brings back memories of my PZ-1. The focus is much faster than my DS, but not as fast as my MZ-S, but close and the shutter seems much smoother than my DS.

The only thing I find that I don't like is the release for the SD card door, which seems unnecessarily clumsy.

Tom
Old Nov 22, 2006, 3:26 AM   #26

ennacac, have you discovered any advantages of having 10 megapixels over 6 megapixels?
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 7:43 AM   #27

When you blow the image up on CS2 it becomes obvious that there is more detail there since I get to 300% before it starts to fall apart instead of 200% with the DS.

More detail is good, since it doesn't seem to be any noisier than the DS at normal ISO's.

Tom
Old Nov 22, 2006, 7:53 AM   #28

Code:
When you blow the image up on CS2 it becomes obvious that there is more detail there since I get to 300% before it starts to fall apart instead of 200% with the DS.

More detail is good, since it doesn't seem to be any noisier than the DS at normal ISO's.

Tom
Alright, that is great to hear.

Thanks.

---
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 9:09 AM   #29

Interesting comment about Tom's pict quality (which have always been impressive) and in view of the hundred msg posted by Ricehigh about K10D 's shortcoming.
I am sure Tom's pict from his Ds is just as stunning as those coming from K10D

Daniel

RiceHigh wrote:
Quote:
Congrats, Tom!

So, let's wait for more (even) better photos from you with your new (much) better camera body!

RiceHigh
Quote:
With the way our politics are going, that isn't as far fetched as it seem at first glance.

I won't bother the list with any impressions of the K10D and I will keep posting only images from my DS just to keep others from being bored with more K10D stuff, even though I will actually have it in hand.

Pick it up tonight, charge the battery and read through the book and if the creek don't rise and the sun keeps shining, I may be forced to post some images even though I promised not to!

Tom
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 9:10 AM   #30

Your first pics were really sharp and the color rendition was nice - my first reaction was "wow." Then I thought about the fact that most of your pictures have that quality to them. How much of that extra detail you have gets lost when you resize the picture for the web?From your statue picture, I would say that you maintain quite a bit of it, making another reason for getting one.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote