Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 22, 2006, 6:15 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Monza76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,093
Default

Green, the colour of envy...

Green, the colour of money (well yours at least)...

Green, the colour of 50% of the pixels on a standard CCD Bayer Matrix array...

Green, the colour that clouds my eyes when I look at that picture on page 1 of this thread, a K10D with... is that a 28-70mm f2.8 FA* lens???

Tom... does this mean you will be posting even more detailed shots of the local waterfowl??

I want one (just in case you weren't sure of my message). All this and an MR2!!!

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 10:28 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
ennacac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,198
Default

Ira,

The K10D is just what I was looking for, with its higher resolution and smooth shutter release, and all my power-zoom lenses now work.

Now that I have it, I don't seem to have the time to get out as much as I like to take photos, but I will after the holiday is over.

Ah yes, the MR2, now tucked away, safe from all that pesky road salt until spring.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 6:56 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 344
Default

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Interesting comment about Tom's pict quality (which have always been impressive) and in view of the hundred msg posted by Ricehigh about K10D 's shortcoming.
I am sure Tom's pict from his Ds is just as stunning as those coming from K10D
[align=left][/align]
K10D has shortcomings doesn't mean it is not a much better camera than the DS.

As for Tom's posted images which I've seen, I did find them to be very impressive mostly, too.

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 7:40 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
ennacac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,198
Default

It is a much improved camera over the previous Pentax DSLR's. but some people will have problems with any new product that comes out, especially the first run.

I am not sure what the big deal is about with the dust removal feature, since I have only had to remove dust from the DS about four times in a year and a half and I change lenses quite often outside.

Clean is yourself if the DR doesn't work 100%!!

It is a good camera, possibly even a great camera.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 8:40 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
BenjaminXYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
It is a good camera, possibly even a great camera.
Please don't hesitate to call it a "GREAT" digital SLR camera. :-)

The PENTAX K10D is a GREAT camera.
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:16 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
danielchtong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,888
Default

RiceHigh wrote:
Quote:
danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
Interesting comment about Tom's pict quality (which have always been impressive) and in view of the hundred msg posted by Ricehigh about K10D 's shortcoming.
I am sure Tom's pict from his Ds is just as stunning as those coming from K10D
[align=left][/align]
K10D has shortcomings doesn't mean it is not a much better camera than the DS.

As for Tom's posted images which I've seen, I did find them to be very impressive mostly, too.

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
Very intriguing and self-contradictory comments indeed from a regular contributor (to this forum)

Daniel



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
In view of the above facts, I really doubt the effectiveness of the DR function of the K10D, although on paper it seems to be very strong.

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
Congrats, Tom!

So, let's wait for more (even) better photos from you with your new (much) better camera body!

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

K10D fails and unable to prevent dust ??


I bet that I probably wait fo the next (higher ranked) Pentax DSLR anyway, at this moment.

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2006, 8:41 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 344
Default

>> K10D has shortcomings doesn't mean it is not a much better camera than the DS.

>> As for Tom's posted images which I've seen, I did find them to be very impressive mostly, too.

>> RiceHigh
>> http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh


> Very intriguing and self-contradictory comments indeed from a regular contributor (to this forum)

> Daniel


I just wonder why you're still unable to follow the logics in a direct way. I re-instate it again: K10D has shortcomings has NOTHING to do with the fact that K10D is a much better and improved DSLR over the *ist DS (which has even more shortcomings)! In fact, *ist DS simply has a much lower specifications than the K10D on paper, too.

I have the impression that you simply cannot accept the fact that every camera on this planet can have BOTH CONS and PROS. Although some are better than the others (which have more CONS and comparatively not as good).

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh

RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2006, 12:14 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
I have the impression that you simply cannot accept the fact that every camera on this planet can have BOTH CONS and PROS. Although some are better than the others (which have more CONS and comparatively not as good).

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
You're wrong. its the fact that we don't live our life dwelling on the shortcomings of everything.

WTF man, get a life. you drive me nuts.
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:23 PM   #39
Junior Member
 
quietnoise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9
Default

Hi Tom,

Congratulations on your K10 purchase! I don't mean to hi-jack your thread but I don't know how to reach you by email so...

I noticed in one of your thread replies that you owned a PZ-1. I too owna PZ-1pand a number (5) of the Kaf2 (power-zoom) lenses (among others like the 50mm f/1:1.4 lens). I just jumped to a K100D from a Minolta A1 and was debating selling-off the Kaf2s since the K100D can't take advantage of the AZ feature. But I understand the K10D is fully compatible with the Kaf2 mount lenses. I was wondering if you could give me your comments on a) keeping the Kaf2 lenses I have for possible future use with a K10D or b) just get rid of them because they don't perform well with the K10D. These Kaf2 lenses I have are the original all-black lenses and not the silver-colored models. I loved theAZ feature when shooting sports! But they do add considerable weight to the DSLR. Thanks for any opinion(s) you may have!
quietnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 12:13 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
ennacac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,198
Default

PZ works great on the K10D!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:49 AM.