Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:06 PM   #1

tell me what you guys want to know about the k10d. i have one sitting in my hands. i'll try to answer your questions to the best of my ability in between test shots.

so far: i like it!

ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:46 PM   #2

Ok - the only thing I can think of right now is the shutter/mirror slap. Is it as bad as DS/DL or really much smoother and dampened?

Also someone in another forum posted that when you move/shake the camera (no matter if it's on or off) you can feel something moving around inside as if something is loose. What you think about that?
HogRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:55 PM   #3

You must have to really shake it, since mine doesn't do that with normal movement.

The shutter seems smoother than my DS, but then all the SLR's I ever owned made noise when the mirror moved up and the shutter opened and closed.

As for slap, that never was any kind of issue for me, since if I was dealing with a photo that required no movement, I just locked the mirror up.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:15 PM   #4

i definitely prefer the movement of the shutter on the k10d compared to my *ist dl.
i'd have to agree with tom, the shutter does seem smoother. i'll have to get back to you on the mirror. i never really noticed any problems with my dl since i always used the 3 second delay using the remote.

yes i did notice the movement, just holding the camera and switching to portrait mode really quick. i think it's the anti-shake, but i can't confirm that it is. it definitely does not sound as if something is loose though. didn't really think twice about it since i figured it was the anti-shake mechanism.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:23 PM   #5

The reason why I was asking about the Mirror/shutter is, that I started with an *ist D, which has this unbelievable smooth shutter and well dampened mirror. When I bought my DS after that, I almost thought something was broken when I noticed the clunk sound for the first time.
HogRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:33 AM   #6

How do you percieve the size difference? Does it feel a lot bigger and heavier than the DS?

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 9:28 AM   #7

okay the k10d is larger and heavier than my *ist. however it feels waymore comfortable to hold using the grip. on my *ist i always had my pinky slide underneath the camera, but the k10d's grip can fit all my fingers quite comfortably. the weight difference is noticeable, but something i canratheradjust to pretty easily.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 9:49 PM   #8

Now for a substantial question. How is the noise performance at higher ISO's? That is what we really need to know.
dichro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 11:04 PM   #9

I have no idea, I didn't buy it for that, but it is great up to ISO 400 and I am keeping my DS as a backup, so if need be I can use that at higher ISO's.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 6:39 PM   #10

I have several other brand PK,PKA and PKAF lenses which I use with my non digital SLR.

Have you tried any other brands for compatability with the K10D please?

Ian Mc is offline   Reply With Quote