Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:33 AM   #11

Haven't been to the beach in a long time. Thanks for the beautiful images which made a nice visit there for me.

Regards,

Lawrence
Dr. C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:57 AM   #12

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Saturday I took a bunch of uninspiring pictures and was totally frustrated. Sunday all I wanted to do was go buy a K10D, but realized that the problem with the pictures were the photographer. I didn't get any bird pictures because the closest I got to a bird was hearing a hawk a long way away.
Harriet,

Really nice series of pict. I always enjoy that . I share your frustration too about taking less than inspiring pict.

There are people (specifically Royce) in here taking pict of hummingbird almost like they are domesticated.

Thanks for sharing.

Daniel
Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:51 PM   #13

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Beautiful shots Harriet! Especially like the shots of the gulls (#1 with the blurred image of the couple & dog, as well as the close up of the gull's head).

Where were you located when you shot the last image? Based on the scale of the surfer and the building behind him, it looks like you are airborne over the ocean looking towards land.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:58 PM   #14

Thanks for the complements - all of the pictures posted except for the wide angle (DS/kit lens) were taken with the K100D and the A*300 lens. The more I use this lens, the more I appreciate it and realize how much differencethe lens can make (not talking about focal length, but quality of glass). I took a series of surfer pictures, most of them came out quite well, surprising when you consider I was handholding a manual focus lens and trying to follow action. I got a number of gull pictures that were good, though a much lower percentage (more than oneof tail feathers disappearing behind the pier). I also got several really good people pictures (unusual for me), but hesitate to post what would be recognizable portraits on the internet (no permission - do I need it?).

Edited to add: All these pictures were taken from the Pismo Beach pier.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 2:29 PM   #15

I love the flying seagull. So serene. I also like the out of focus couple walking on the beach. It just adds to the relaxing atmosphere of the photo. Well done. Also the one with the old man surfing. That's just cool.
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:26 PM   #16

This is more of a test. I've used webshots for some photo albums for a long time, but its only recently that they've allowed pictures to be linked to other forums. I'm trying to see how their several ways of linking work, and what results look like. This is another picture from Sunday.

Clicking on the thumbnail opens the picture in the webshots album. The one advantage to webshots is that you can upload a full sized photo. You can click on the medium sized version to see it full sized.

OK - now I know what you get when you use the various link options. I think I'll use this site for a while - sometimes its nice to have the option of seeing the picture full-sized.

One more, just to see if I've got this down. Here's a guy who I thought looked very out of place.

There are about 20 other pictures (including ones I posted above) in the album.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 11:37 PM   #17

Nice shots. Looks like you had a fun day and got some very nice pictures. We are going to Seattle for the holiday and maybe I can find something to shoot (besides the space needle). Going to try and get to the butterfly museum again. That one fellow on the surf board looks like he has been doing that since the Frankie and Annette days- Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 12:11 AM   #18

Those are really nice photos along with the clam chowder makes for a great day. Love the photo ops you have out there, which makes me wish it was January when I will be in Montery for two weeks.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 9:00 AM   #19

Tom - are you really going to be in Monterey in January? What a wonderful time to be there! If you have time, take the new camera to the aquarium - I took some wonderful pictures of jelly fish with the Sony and hope one of these days to get back with the Pentax. Talk about photo ops! The whole Monterey penninsula has far more opportunities than little Pismo Beach (since I love Pismo, that's saying something).