Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 28, 2006, 4:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Best price I've seen the body only listed for is $838.10 (from buy.com), but the website says they are out of stock, so who knows what the price will be when they actually have them.
I ordered the body only from buy on Saturday (found the price through froogle) and paid the price listed above along with ~$20 for overnight delivery. The body was shown as "out of stock" when I placed the order. I decided that the price, if real, was worth getting in the queue. Yesterday, the price was changed to ~$930 for the body but my order was still in process at the original price. Then, this afternoon, I got an email that the body shipped today and I should have it tomorrow. I'm guessing I was lucky and caught a mistake.
michaelchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2006, 8:59 AM   #12

I am waiting for the K10D to be delivered to my local dealer. I have paid £699.99 with 18 - 55mm lens. I agree with the thought about waiting for the bugs to be ironed out, but I am in 'no camera' land at the moment and feel VERY lost.

The K10D won me over with it's spec, but I am a bit on edge, as of yet have seen no full blown reviews, only pre production.

I would be very pleased to receive any information (good or bad) regarding results, expectation etc...

Thanks

Poul
Poul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2006, 10:21 AM   #13

robar wrote:
Quote:
congrats.
how much bigger is it over the DS?
Here are the two of them together with similar sized lenses.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2006, 1:17 PM   #14

Tom - this might be a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer written anywhere. And over the years I've learned that it is not a good idea to assume anything. You had said you had the battery grip - does it come with a second battery in it, or is it just the housing for an extra battery? I'm still thinking about getting the K10 and will most likely get the grip. The only question I had is do I need to buy an extra battery or not.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2006, 2:49 PM   #15

The grip does not come with a battery, just a place for it and a place for an extra DS card. The grip makes the camera quite a bit larger and as you can see it is already bigger than the DS, but it does make shooting in other than horizontal mode easier, since it has a release on it.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2006, 2:55 PM   #16

Thanks! I would have guessed wrong, so I need to buy a second battery regardless of whether I get the grip or not (like to have a back-up battery even if I don't use it much).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote