Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 26, 2006, 7:14 PM   #11

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Currently Outdoor Photography and Popular Photography are available for under $4/year.

Tim
s&%T, and here i was thinking i was getting a good deal.. you really made my day tim...

roy
Old Nov 26, 2006, 7:45 PM   #12

Sorry Roy. The good news is that you can generally re-up a subscription too. In fact, it is not a bad idea, as the magazines seem to cycle through low price points and then back up again.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 8:08 PM   #13

Hi,

I get A few, but the one I like the best is this one: http://www.rangefindermag.com/index2.tml

RANGEFINDER Magazine. And you might be able to get ifor free.

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 9:11 PM   #14

Great information from everyone, thanks particularly to Tim. Because of it, I just ordered Outdoor Photographer from the Best Deals site
nznhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:03 AM   #15

i'll place another vote for outdoor photographer. i don't subscribe to any photo mags and generally pick up what looks good off the shelf at Chapters. if there's a new outdoor photographer i don't even look in it, i just grab it. would save some $$ by subscribing, but not as much as if i lived in the states, and i like an excuse to browse the bookstore!

pc photo is similar (published by the same people) with a more general (digital) slant.

another very good one (published in canada) is called Photolife.

happy reading, eric

ejbrusselsprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:24 AM   #16

I get Outdoor Photography and Shutterbug, both of which have articles I find useful to me, and they both seem to be fairly fair when reviewing equipment and software.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 4:19 PM   #17

Thanks for the tip Tim. Just ordered a subscription to Outdoor Photography.

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
I seem to subscribe to more magazines than I have time to read. One place to find some really good deals on mags is: http://www.magazinepricesearch.com/index.html This site does not offer subscriptions but indexes prices at various websites that offer discount subscriptions.

Just watch what the terms are, some of the services will resubscribe you automatically, which I will not accept. I have had very good luck with http://www.bestdealmagazines.com and I have ordered subscriptions from them for years.

Currently Outdoor Photography and Popular Photography are available for under $4/year.

Tim
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 4:35 PM   #18

Same here: I buy Outdoor Photography now and then when something interesting catches my eye.
I cancelled my subscription to photo mags years back since most are a waist of time.
It cuts down on junkmail too (I hope).
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 5:48 PM   #19

I too like to browse the local bookstore(in my case Borders). But usually pick up Outdoor Photography, Shutterbug, and Digital Photo Pro. Along with Black and White Photography.
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote