Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 30, 2006, 2:03 PM   #1

Hi all,

Well I went out and froze my butt!!! These are the only two I have processed and resized so far. I love the feel of this camera. It is a LITTLE samller than the 300D Canon, But I have less problems with camera shake with the bigger lenses.

The pics aren't great and there is no color up here now. Just greens,browns,grays and blacks....:roll:

Rudy
Attached Images

bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2006, 2:04 PM   #2

Hi,

And this is the second one
Attached Images

Old Nov 30, 2006, 2:06 PM   #3

Hi,

I lied...:?I did a third one.

Rudy
Attached Images

Old Nov 30, 2006, 3:39 PM   #4

I like this 3rd shot. The exposure was the best out of the 3. I like the reflection off of the water. Next time try to pan down a bit to fill up more of the frame with that aspect, unless you have a really nice sunset to capture. Another thing to keep an eye on when shooting horizons is to keep it level. You can always fix that in post processing. Stay warm and have fun shooting. Looking forward to seeing more of your upcoming shots.
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 6:13 PM   #5

My favorite is the second one - love the trees. It brought back memories of my college days many years ago, and how the world always seemed so black and white in Michigan. It was always such a shock to go home for Christmas where everything is so green!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2006, 6:45 PM   #6

Hi,

Thank you. I was freezing my butt off taking them. I did not realize until after I shot these pics that I was shooting them at 1520 x 1024!!! So I gues I was shooting at the 2 meg setting??? I have to get some stronger glasses... LOL. The top screen showed the three stars and what I thought was an "L", But it was an "S".

Oh well... I really love the feel to this camera. It may be just a little bit smaller than My Canon was But it feels heavier and fits better. Maybe when it warms up a little bit (it is 12 degrees now and going down) I will go out and shoot some more.

I almost forgot, I shot these with the Sigma 28-200MM.

Rudy