Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 1, 2006, 12:56 PM   #1

I'm a newbie, if I'm doing something wrong with this post, or if there is a special thread for pointers,please forgive me. I just bought a K100D kit 3 weeks ago, and a 50-200mm DA lens this week. I have been wanting a Remote Control F but could not find one cheaper than $30.

But, this past Tuesday, I ran across one for $14.95 at Sigma4less.com and ordered it. I got it in the mail today - didn't realize how tiny this thing is - but I'm glad I didn't pay more for it!! I just checked the website and the price has gone up already to $17.95, but I think that's still cheaper than anywhere else - and its in-stock!

Just wanted to alert folks if they are looking for one of these remotes, Sigma4less might have the best price on the web!

quietnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2006, 1:34 PM   #2

quietnoise wrote:
Quote:
I'm a newbie, if I'm doing something wrong with this post, or if there is a special thread for pointers,please forgive me. I just bought a K100D kit 3 weeks ago, and a 50-200mm DA lens this week. I have been wanting a Remote Control F but could not find one cheaper than $30.

But, this past Tuesday, I ran across one for $14.95 at Sigma4less.com and ordered it. I got it in the mail today - didn't realize how tiny this thing is - but I'm glad I didn't pay more for it!! I just checked the website and the price has gone up already to $17.95, but I think that's still cheaper than anywhere else - and its in-stock!

Just wanted to alert folks if they are looking for one of these remotes, Sigma4less might have the best price on the web!

Welcome and do not forget post pict in this forum.
I bought something like this at around $12 incl shipping. It is a used remote that works with my DL & K100D
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/a...t.php?id=80353
I like it a lot as it can trigger the shutter 80 ft away (with line of sight) . It also works around 15 ft at an angle of 15 degree .
I look forward to a new K10K which has rear trigger sensor as well. That will be great for birdie shots.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 3:15 PM   #3

Hi Daniel,

I'm not new to photography - been a Pentax-ian since mid-60's. But I just made the full jump from point-and-shoot (Minolta A1) to a DSLR. For my most-recent batch of Pentax equipment, I owned the complete PZ line which included the PZ-10, 20, 50, 70 and 1p (the PZ-1p &PZ-20 I still have). I also hadonly Pentax glass - sold off aSMCP-F AF 35-80 f/4-5.6 Lens, but still have an SMCP-FA AF 28-80 f/3.5-5.6 lens, and five (5) Kaf2 mount zooms; a Kenco MC7 2X AF/AZ tele-extender & an SMCP-FA AF 50mm f/1.4 too. I'm a bit sorry I didn't wait for the K10D so I could take advantage of my power-zoom lenses. Now I'm debating about sellng them off. I also just picked up a Vivitar Series 1 105mm f/2.5 MACRO this morning off evil-bay... seller states brand-new but I'm not sure since it had a Tiffen filter on it, but it looked to be in mint condition... we'll see. Back when I had my ME-Super & MX, I did a lot of macro work using a bellows system. I would like very much to get back into macro, hence the Vivitar (based on the remarks of forum members) - just couldn't afford the FA-100 2.8 macro!

I also sold off all my flash equipment- AF-280T, AF-500FTZ, AF-330, Sigma EF-500 DG-Super and Sunpak 555 so I have to replace them with a flash for the K100D. I'll have to do some homework on good portable flash setups for macro work.

I will certainly post some pics at first opportunity. I live on the east coast and their isn't much in the way of worthy subjects in my area right now - lots of rain and overcast for daysbut snow is coming for next Monday, so I may have my first opportunity!

I've been "lurking" for several weeks, learning as much as I could about the camera I've purchased. I've seen some of your pictures... fantastic work! I'll be hoping to get some pics posted and learn from the great memberfeedback I've seen on this forum. Thanks for your welcome!!

Old Dec 1, 2006, 4:22 PM   #4

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

quietnoise wrote:
Quote:
But, this past Tuesday, I ran across one for $14.95 at Sigma4less.com and ordered it. I got it in the mail today - didn't realize how tiny this thing is -
I too was surprised upon receiving mine as to how tiny the remote control is. As a matter of fact, I do not use mine because it is not so practical to handle such a small device. In addition, one has to be in front of the camera (i.e. point it at the receiving sensor) for it to work. If I had to do it all over, I'd skip the wireless remote altogether. Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 5:40 PM   #5

Jay - You're right... unless you have a specific need for "frontal remote" it isn't very useful. However, with the holidays coming, I want to have the camera setup in a corner of the living room while the family opens presents. I like candid shots and want the ability to fire the camera remotely when I see a good shot. I'm confident that Iwill also get the wired remote since I want to get into macro work and don't see myself in front of thelens whiletakingthe shot!
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:04 PM   #6

quietnoise wrote:
Quote:
Jay - You're right... unless you have a specific need for "frontal remote" it isn't very useful. However, with the holidays coming, I want to have the camera setup in a corner of the living room while the family opens presents. I like candid shots and want the ability to fire the camera remotely when I see a good shot. I'm confident that Iwill also get the wired remote since I want to get into macro work and don't see myself in front of thelens whiletakingthe shot!

Well

The remote that I have - and I think F will perform in the same way - can trigger the shutter 15 ft away at 75 degree off axis. If it is frontal, I can do that 80 ft.

Or you can go for K10D with back and front remote sensor which means that you do not need a wired remote at all

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:54 AM   #7

quietnoise
welcome to the forum.
you are going to absolutely love the vivitar macro. it produces superb images..

roy