Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 2, 2006, 10:00 PM   #1

This adapter came with a TAMRON 1:3.5-3.8 24-48mm which I have cleaned up but not yet determined if it is keeper, I probably have better lenses to cover that range. However this is the first Adaptall 2 in my kit.

Does anyone know if there is a desirable range of lenses for the Adaptall 2 that would suit my *st DS? The adapter of course if for Pentax K.

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2006, 10:22 PM   #2

John Hill wrote:
Quote:
This adapter came with a TAMRON¬* 1:3.5-3.8 24-48mm which I have cleaned up but not yet determined if it is keeper, I probably have better lenses to cover that range.¬* However this is the first Adaptall 2 in my kit.

Does anyone know if there is a desirable range of lenses for the Adaptall 2 that would suit my *st DS?¬* The adapter of course if for Pentax K.
http://www.adaptall-2.com/

You are better off with PK/A amount which is quite sought after in ebay market at over US$50 .
According to a number of reports, adaptall lens 300mmSP 2.8 is quite something and comparable to that of A*300mm2.8

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 10:28 PM   #3

Hi John,

There's a lot of information at this site. The SP series lenses are their pro level lenses, some comparing realistically to the best OEM offerings:

http://www.adaptall-2.com/

I currently have 2 Adaptall II mount lenses, an SP500 f8 Mirror and an SP300 f2.8 LD IF, both of which are relatively recent acquisitions. I am impressed with both of them, but haven't been able to use either extensively. They are built like tanks, and optically can be anywhere from okay to excellent, depending on the model. So far, from the examples I've actually tried, the assessments of the site's author are pretty accurate.

There are a few others that pique my interest, but from what I've seen so far, aren't very commonly made available,

Hope that helps some.

Scott

Okay, I knew someone was gonna beat me to it

S
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 10:42 PM   #4

Thanks guys, I am going to have to study that link.
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote