Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 4, 2006, 1:14 PM   #1

just saw these extension tubes on ebay. hope no one here is bidding this. set of three manual rings with a price of over 100usd.. i mean, you can get a set of fully auto rings for this. got mine delivered for 15usd. they're for sale at that price if they're any takers PLEASE send me a PM.
HERE

so many other items going for ridiculous prices also. guess it's a sellers market.

roy
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2006, 2:07 PM   #2

I'd been thinking that I might try to pick up a used F 70-210 (the one I had was my favorite lens until it broke). There's one on ebay due to close soon and it's been bid up to almost $200! I nearly fell over - when I bought mine new in the late 1980s it cost around $500. Wonder if I could get anything like that for the Kiron? No - it isn't half as good as what I remember the 70-210 was.

Would a Sigma or Tamron 70-210 be the equivalent to the F 70-210?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2006, 4:25 PM   #3

H,
if i were you i'd get the A70-210 f4. the newer lens doesn't come close to the older glass. it's about the same weight as the A*300 tho. it would be a perfect lens except for the zoom creep and no tripod mount.. i've seen it go on the bay for 200+ but thats way too much. they are there all the time so just bid till you get for what you want. also the vivitar s1 70-210 is a really good zoom. the tokina i had for a few days was not as good as the vivitar.

roy

Old Dec 4, 2006, 5:15 PM   #4

robar wrote:
Quote:
H,
if i were you i'd get the A70-210 f4. the newer lens doesn't come close to the older glass. it's about the same weight as the A*300 tho. it would be a perfect lens except for the zoom creep and no tripod mount.. i've seen it go on the bay for 200+ but thats way too much. they are there all the time so just bid till you get for what you want. also the vivitar s1 70-210 is a really good zoom. the tokina i had for a few days was not as good as the vivitar.

roy

Last week I got A 70-210mm F4 from eBay for $150 with a Best Offer.

It came really nice with the original leather case and in EX++ condition.
IQ wise is pretty good as far as I can tell (tested it only during this weekend).
But, it is heavy and has no tripod collar. One plus: it has macro focusing at 70mm.

Here is one handheld, through window, with tamron 1.4x teleconverter at 210mm end
(i.e. ~300mm): F4, 1/125s ISO800

This is in macro mode, handheld with my K100D @ 70mm, F4, ISO800 and 1/5s (kind of soft - as I said handheld):

DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2006, 5:31 PM   #5

(kind of soft - as I said handheld):

of course it is but you don't normally shoot macros at f4. the shot with the 1.4x is acceptable but zooms usually don't do well with TCs. one thing i like about the vivitar is that you get macro at the high 210mm range and it's a 1:2.5 instead of 1:4. about 20'' away from subject. great for those larger bugs. here's three macros with it. full frame resize and nothing done done except a tad of usm. f8-11
Attached Images

Old Dec 4, 2006, 5:32 PM   #6

Attached Images

Old Dec 4, 2006, 5:32 PM   #7

. i just shot all of these. about 10min. ago.
Attached Images

Old Dec 4, 2006, 11:08 PM   #8

I've been watching tubes for a while looking for a good deal - if you want ones that transfer the aperature ring you are pretty much paying $50. If you don't care about that you can them pretty cheap -

ccallana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2006, 6:13 AM   #9

I went to that link. I agree with you they're manual BUT they're saying they're Auto.

True, it's a sellers market because the buyers are unaware. Anyone out there with an auto set - I MIGHT be interested.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote