Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 7, 2006, 8:18 PM   #11

Here is mine, but the Sigma has been replaced by the FA* 80-200 2.8 Pentax.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 8:40 PM   #12

I can't play much yet as I have all my stuff isin a cardboard box. But I asked Mrs Claus for a LowePro Slingshot for Christmas,maybe with a DA50-200 stuck in it. It's a good cardboardbox though and I have made compartments with foaminserts. It currently holds four lenses, plus a filter pouch and miscellaneous zip lock bag with a spareset of Lithium batteries and Lens Pen, along with a spare memory card. Something like that would go for at least $.25 on Ebay. So what's your Christmaslist consist of?- Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 8:48 PM   #13

bper wrote:
Quote:
I can't play much yet as I have all my stuff isin a cardboard box. But I asked Mrs Claus for a LowePro Slingshot for Christmas,maybe with a DA50-200 stuck in it. It's a good cardboardbox though and I have made compartments with foaminserts. It currently holds four lenses, plus a filter pouch and miscellaneous zip lock bag with a spareset of Lithium batteries and Lens Pen, along with a spare memory card. Something like that would go for at least $.25 on Ebay. So what's your Christmaslist consist of?- Bruce
Two of the lenses listed are in the same type of cases... My wifey got me theSigma 100-300mm, Sigma 28-105mm, and Chinon 50mm... I talked her into giving me one (50mm)already though
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 9:02 PM   #14

Here's what I've been using for a while (at least 6 years):

There are a few "loose" lenses in there right now. My long zoom is sitting between a pair of dividers on the right, which is it's typical storage location. The short zoom (a recent purchase) is where my Olympus E-10 normally sits.

I'm actually looking for a new bag myself... one I can use to carry a laptop along with my camera gear. I'm also hoping to get one that will hold my tripod, as a result, I am personally leaning towards a backback right now.

Paul
pbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:40 PM   #15

Currently I am using a Lowepro Slingshot 100. Love it. Its a Backpack to start but pulls Around To the front and opens like a Shoulder bag.
http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Slin...ot_100_AW.aspx
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 11:21 PM   #16

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
Where can I get one of these camping mattresses and how much do they run? Are they cheap? Can I pick them up at a local walmart? I think I will go about trying to make one.
I bought mine in the local warehouse. It cost less than the contact glue, something like 4-5 USD.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 12:07 AM   #17

I'd like to geta slingshot - I've looked at both the 100 and the 200, and like the over the shoulder design- it looks like it would distribute the weight better than the shoulder bag I have. I really carry too much stuff - the bag is big enough for the K10, an air blower, the A*300, DA 50-200, Phoenix 100mm macro, M 24mm 2.8 and M 50mm 1.7, along with extra cards in the pocket on the outside, a small notebook, lens cleaning kit, camera cap in the front pocket, extra batteries (when I was carrying the K100) along with the polarizer, and a couple of other filters and a tripod mount. The K10 isn't all that much heavier than the K100, but it'sstarting to bother my shoulder.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 4:12 AM   #18

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I'd like to geta slingshot - I've looked at both the 100 and the 200, and like the over the shoulder design- it looks like it would distribute the weight better than the shoulder bag I have. I really carry too much stuff - the bag is big enough for the K10, an air blower, the A*300, DA 50-200, Phoenix 100mm macro, M 24mm 2.8 and M 50mm 1.7, along with extra cards in the pocket on the outside, a small notebook, lens cleaning kit, camera cap in the front pocket, extra batteries (when I was carrying the K100) along with the polarizer, and a couple of other filters and a tripod mount. The K10 isn't all that much heavier than the K100, but it'sstarting to bother my shoulder.
I have a bit less and Slingshot AW200 is just right for me , DL , K100D , Zenitar 16mm 2.8, FA50mm 1.4, FA100mm 2.8 Macro, FA28mm 2.8, FA135mm 2.8 , A* 300mm F4 & AF360 Flash. The heaviest is actually my macro lens FA100mm. I usu leave that in my car this time of the year

Daniel
Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 4:25 AM   #19

i have used a few boxes/bags
my first was an aluminium clad wooden box style
it really protected the gear and was great for standing on to see over croweds
but was a pain when hiking
i went to a back pack style which was great for hiking but a pain to get to lenses etc
no i have a shoulder bag
very easy to get to things and still keep moving
but i am developing a lean
the one i have now is a lamborghini
it may not be the best in the world
but i can say i own a lamborghini and not be telling fibs
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 1:39 PM   #20

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I've got the Slingshot AW200. I do like it but I have found some negatives also. It is a great design if you frequently take the camera in and out of the bag as, when you pull it around front, the camera is perfectly positioned to remove. However, I tend to wear the camera and want a bag that gives me easy access to the different lenses. To safely switch lenseswith the slingshot I find I need to put it down. That being the case, I wonder if I would not be just as happy with a backpack style that would distribute the weight a little better.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote