Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:23 AM   #31

I have a Lowepro Edge 300 which carries my S1IS, my p&s Konica, my camcorder plus my batteries, card reader, wires, video tapes, cdr/dvdr. But for my next camera (dSLR) I'm looking at the slingshot or something similar so I don't have to put the bag down to get the camera out fast. I use a leather fanny pack to carry just the S1 and batteries when I don't want bulk.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:43 AM   #32

BK - Aha! I hadn't thought about the flash. I have a flash for my old camera, but never used it enough to need to worry about carrying spares with me. As a matter of fact, it's probably long ago gone dead now that I think about it.

So, I too, shall probably be carrying closer to four sets when I get a flash. And, I, like you, am also the spare battery person for everyone. I've been trying to train them lately and before we leave I ask "did you charge your batteries and spares". Then, if they run out I can just tell them "I asked you".

Now to start online shopping for a bag. Thanks to whoever started this thread. It's been very informative.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 11:01 AM   #33

Okay... I have finished the case until Christmas. The memory card/battery section is just laid on there until I get the 100-300mm lens and can measure and cut the hole for it and the final slot for batteries and memory cards. The bottom, for now, is lined with 4 layers of bubble wrap until i get back to walmart and pick up one of the $1 fleece baby blankets they have to line the bottom with a couple layers of that. I also want to get some convoluted egg crate for the top of the case instead of the solid foam I have there now.
Attached Images

inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 5:28 PM   #34

One final comment on my use of the slingshot. My wife does not like it at all, as she finds that where it crosses on the front of her chest is very uncomfortable due to the, erm, equipment she carries that I don't :-). I am sure it is suitable for many female photographers but that is one extra factor to consider.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:37 PM   #35

Okay... I have decided to stick withmy backpack after lining the bottom with the foam I got, it keeps the "walls" straight and keeps items from floating. Just thought I would post a picture of it. The Sigma 28-105mm has been replaced with a Pentax SMC-F 35-105, I picked up today.
Attached Images

inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2006, 2:59 PM   #36

I'm so jealous of you US guys with your all-black DLs.

I'm in canada and got the ugly "silver" edition.
I'm this close to dismantling it and blasting the silver portions with a can of vinyl dye.
mongrelchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 7:01 PM   #37

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
OK, I made one myself after looking at a LowPro. This one cost me around 25 USD and a few hours of fun. A "Ladies beauty box" from the warehouse, a camping matress and some contact glue. Im very happy with it, it fits my "everyday equipment" as if it was made for it (which it is).

#1 with second floor off
I can't find the same kind of "camping matress".... any help?
MartyF81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:08 PM   #38

This is what you want to look for. Click Here That's at Sports Authority but any store selling camping supplies should have foam mats.
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 7:08 AM   #39

Ok, I think its time to resurrect this thread. I know in the last year or so you all have updated your equipment whether it be new lenses or new camera's. So there has to be new bags out there, below is my current bag. I am in need of a new one as the handles are wearing out on this one. I was looking at the Pentax Sling bag, as I only carry two additional lenses and a few accessories. Any ideas?

2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 8:09 AM   #40

I thought Iwas on hold regarding camera bags. However right now I have:

Lowepro:
Nova 2 - (old)
Nova 3 - (My wife's for storage)
Nova 4 - (used)
Nova 5 - (my main camera storage bag)
Micro Trekker - (waiting for next summer)
Zoom Toploader - (for long lenses, great for wildlife walk-around with the F 100-300mm zoom)
MiniZoom Toploader - (the DL and FA35mm fit nicely)

Optex:
Zoom Toploader - (my youngest son now has the Fuji S7000 in this bag)
Large Video Shoulder bag - (for my flash gear, along with a Razor scooter bag for lightstands and umbrellas)

My youngest son has my little Lowepro Rez something-or-other, a neat little two part bag suitable for a digicam or small video outfit.

My wife Annette has a Crumpler 5 million dollar home that I gave her for Christmas with a Pentax K100D.

Therewas a huge Amvona backpack in my closet but I traded with goldwing85 (Brian) for the Optex video bag.

I still haven't listed everything. You collect a lot of camera bags over 28 years.

Ira

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote