Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 7, 2006, 9:49 PM   #1

Well, I finally traded up to a DSL, from my Fuji s7000. I knew before I bought my K100D that it didn't have a cable release for the shutter, but that I could still get a wired remote. As I started looking for a wired remote, I realized that "wholy crap, they're expensive" (as compared to about $5 for a cable release). Anyway, I saw somewhere on the web that the canon wired remote (which is about $10 cheaper) would work with the Pentax too.

So my long winded question is, have any of you tried a canon (or other wired remote) with a Pentax? Any suggestions?
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:07 PM   #2

Easy to make a wired remote for the Pentax and there are a few posts on this site showing how, I tried to find them but the search is not really cooperating with me.:sad:

I made a couple myself and the work well.
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2006, 10:10 PM   #3

Check out eBay... This is the one I got...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shutter-Release-...QQcmdZViewItem

5.95+ 5.00 S&H
Buy It Now
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 5:19 PM   #4

The Canon one works great. I have two, one on my flash bracket and one for tripod use.

RG
Rob22315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 8:08 PM   #5

Thanks for the responses.

The reviews I read of the Adidt remote were that they would break easily if used a lot, and being that lightning is what I like to take pictures of, I'll use it a lot. What is your experience with the Adidt?

I'll give a look into building it, but since Rob says the Canon version works just fine, I'll probably end up buying that.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 8:45 PM   #6

that price is almost as low as the one i built-- mine, about 3usd because most of it was laying around..

roy
Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:40 PM   #7

John Hill wrote:
Quote:
Easy to make a wired remote for the Pentax and there are a few posts on this site showing how, I tried to find them but the search is not really cooperating with me.:sad:

I made a couple myself and the work well.
I found the link. Thanks for making me search for it, and thanks to everyone that partisipated in it the first time! I guess a trip to Radio Shack is in my near future!
Old Dec 12, 2006, 9:34 PM   #8

Here it is completed. Cost me $1.50 For the batteery case to hold it all. I had the rest laying around, including the cable with 1/8" mini on one end and that smaller end on the other.
Attached Images