Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 8, 2006, 2:00 PM   #11

I think the focussing on #1 is perfect! And the distracting details just underlines how out of place the snowman is. Please post some more of this kind. I need it since today was as bad as yesterday at work.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 2:15 PM   #12

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Let's see, the first one is a little silly, the second is very silly, the third really isn't silly but the last one is very silly. Overall I would give a silliness score of about 80% that helicopter really isn't silly enough.
Is this the new Monty Python thread?:whack:

Kjell
Where's the Minister of Silly Walks?
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 7:18 PM   #13

Rufus T Firefly wrote:
Quote:
bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
Let's see, the first one is a little silly, the second is very silly, the third really isn't silly but the last one is very silly. Overall I would give a silliness score of about 80% that helicopter really isn't silly enough.

Kjell
He Is Involved in the "Spanish Inquisition"
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 9:23 PM   #14

Harriet, You have captured one of the great things about digital....you can take pictures of anything, whenever you want, for whatever reason.....and enjoy doing it. And it doesn't cost anything but time! I like all that you have captured, and for the reasons you stated. :-) Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 10:17 PM   #15

Harriet,

These were great. It is nice sometimes to just take photos of "nothing" just because you can. I agree with Tiger98, it's nice to be able to take photos and except for having to recharge the batteries you can experiment all you want.

So, what is the snowman photo? Is that camera always there? Do they change the object in front of it?

And, I, like Kjell, have had one heck of a week at work. Each day I think it can't get any worse than the day before and it does. I am so glad it is Friday. And, this is what I said last Friday after what I thought was a BAD week! This coming week has got to be better.

If it gets warmer, I am hoping to get some photos tomorrow. Take my mind off work for two days. We had a light snow here today and bitter cold temps. You couldn't be out long with unexposed skin. Made it very cumbersome trying to run Christmas errands at lunch time with everyone all bundled up.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 10:21 PM   #16

Hi Harriet,

"This one isn't as strong a picture, but I can't resist putting it up, since my theme today was silliness. Somehow a balloon tied to a dumpster just seemed really odd.Attachment: silliness2.jpg"

Not exactly a Lexus with a big bow, huh? :-)

Some nice shots, and a good theme!

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:06 PM   #17

Thanks for all the compliments - it's always nice to spend a lunchtime in the sun, and I've been feeling a little frustrated this week.

The "camera" is always there - that's the camera shop around the corner from my office, and where I've bought my last two cameras (they have a roll of "film" on the roof, too). They will match B&H prices, they are a locally owned store that has been there for years (and being run by the second generation). They are a full service store and have all kinds of things (and don't mind me walking around, window shopping and dreaming of future purchases). They don't sell that much Pentax, but are knowledgeable and won't tell customers tall tales out of either ignorance or a desire to upsell - I'm happy to help them stay in business. Normally there's nothing in front of it - the snowman is new.

nhmom - a dusting of snow? Sounds like a great time to bundle up and take pictures - I love trees with snow softly on them, the fluff of powdery snow and the footprints snowshoes leave in them. Icy patterns on windows, the sculpted look of snow drifts. Dogs' noses covered in white. Sigh - I'm hoping we get some snow this weekend.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2006, 11:13 PM   #18

Black Knight wrote:
Quote:
Rufus T Firefly wrote:
Quote:
bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Monza76 wrote:
Quote:

Kjell
He Is Involved in the "Spanish Inquisition"
I think I just saw the cat detector van from the ministry of housinge (it was spelt that way on the van).

I really liked the Water valve shot BTW, I agree with Kjell, the focus was perfect.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote